Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

No gig in the diary for the 18th and I'd be interested in coming along (subject to the infinite perversities of life, the universe and everything of course).

I'm a newbie when it comes to 'Bass Bashes'. Do I need to confirm or otherwise my attendance and who's the best person to contact for more info and answers to my dumb questions?

Chris.

Edited by Chezz55

[quote name='Chezz55' post='36836' date='Jul 25 2007, 12:50 PM']No gig in the diary for the 18th and I'd be interested in coming along (subject to the infinite perversities of life, the universe and everything of course).

I'm a newbie when it comes to 'Bass Bashes'. Do I need to confirm or otherwise my attendance and who's the best person to contact for more info and answers to my dumb questions?

Chris.[/quote]

It's always nice to know who is coming but not essential. pm me if you want info.

I am back home now and except from not having a voice and being quite stiff I should be ok for the bash. Looking forward to it immensely - Will probably bring a light amount of gear to be honest, the Bacchus 24 5er perhaps.

[quote name='ped' post='36902' date='Jul 25 2007, 03:29 PM']I am back home now and except from not having a voice and being quite stiff I should be ok for the bash. Looking forward to it immensely - Will probably bring a light amount of gear to be honest, the Bacchus 24 5er perhaps.[/quote]

Glad to hear that you got through it OK.

[quote name='dr.funk' post='35893' date='Jul 23 2007, 01:26 PM']Best of luck with the operation! Hope you can make it :)[/quote]

Hi Chris! Are you going to be there? Would be cool to meet you if so... I will bring a special bass just for you to see!

See you soon hopefully..
ped

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='23514' date='Jun 26 2007, 01:47 PM']Another probable. If I do I'll be coming from Streatham Hill/Tulse Hill area, so if anyone on-route needs a lift pm me.[/quote]

Did I see you getting out of a little red car carrying a Markbass 2x10 late one night? I was across the road parking my car thinking "I bet he's on basschat!".

[quote name='The Funk' post='39484' date='Jul 31 2007, 01:01 PM']Did I see you getting out of a little red car carrying a Markbass 2x10 late one night? I was across the road parking my car thinking "I bet he's on basschat!".[/quote]

LOL
No, not me. I spend a lot of time in S London but don't live there.

Next time you see the dude, [i]'ave a word[/i]! :)

[quote name='ped' post='38003' date='Jul 27 2007, 10:54 PM']Hi Chris! Are you going to be there? Would be cool to meet you if so... I will bring a special bass just for you to see!

See you soon hopefully..
ped[/quote]

Hi Ped,

Yep I will definately be there, will be nice to finally meet you. And yes please do bring the bass!

Chris

Would anyone be interesting in doing something along the lines of a bass setup masterclass?

I know it's something I'd find useful :)

I'll be bringing what I have reliably been informed is the smallest 2x10 in the world. It used to belong to Squarepusher.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='41390' date='Aug 4 2007, 08:40 PM']Would anyone be interesting in doing something along the lines of a bass setup masterclass?[/quote]

That would be a great idea! I'm certaintly not up to it but perhaps someone like OBBM might be able to share a little DIY wisdom (if thats not an oxymoron :) )?

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='41390' date='Aug 4 2007, 08:40 PM']It used to belong to Squarepusher.[/quote]

oooh! I must say I am enjoying Hello Everything at the moment.

Since my holiday plans are now on hold due to my boy breaking his leg, I'm now a definite maybe :) / :huh:

Anything in my sig you want me to bring, or shall I just bring a cowbell? :huh:

I live in Chertsey and have a big car, so if you need a lift for you and your rig PM me. I don't mind travelling a few miles off route to pick you up.

Hamster

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='44073' date='Aug 11 2007, 12:37 AM']Since my holiday plans are now on hold due to my boy breaking his leg, I'm now a definite maybe :) / :huh:

Anything in my sig you want me to bring, or shall I just bring a cowbell? :huh:

I live in Chertsey and have a big car, so if you need a lift for you and your rig PM me. I don't mind travelling a few miles off route to pick you up.

Hamster[/quote]

Could you bring your Lakland? It looks v. nice.

I'm going into the venue tomorrow, Wednesday, just to confirm that everything is OK for Saturday.

On the day I'll bring the three Laklands and my Epi rig.

The 18th was a good date as I didn't have a gig that night but now I do so I'll have to leave a bit before the end.

I'll definitely be there, but not with the Valve Tester [i](sorry Ped)[/i]. I want to bring a bass with me this time, and as I'm coming by train from Waterloo, that limits what I can carry, so I'll be packing the Dean Stylist Archtop.

See you there! :)
Ken

Edited by Oxblood

No worries Ken, I got that bargain 8 pack in the end so I will have fun experimenting with those.

I will be coming down with Lukeward2000 - I will have my pair of Vigiers and eubassix's Carvin/Marleaux hybrid. I think Luke is bringing his Ibanez Gary Willis and some other bits.

[quote name='obbm' post='21761' date='Jun 22 2007, 10:35 AM'][size=3][b]South East Bass Bash[/b][/size]

[size=3][i]Saturday 18th August[/i][/size]

[size=3]10:00am - 6:00pm[/size]

[url="http://home.btconnect.com/backlinestudios/location.html"]Backline Recording and Rehearsal Studios[/url]
1-2 The Archways
Guildford Park Road
Guildford
GU2 5NP

Farnham Road Car Park is 60p per hour or £5 per day.[/quote]
just a quick reminder of the vital info.

see you all Saturday

Trev