Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

[quote name='Geejay' post='2564' date='May 20 2007, 12:02 AM']:huh:
Pleased to join in. I live near Merton, in Deigate, the posh bit of Deadhill. I will try to help with a venue if I can. How many are we likely to need to fit in? I can probably get the use of a small school hall in Caterham. Schools have the advantage of parking although not always next to the hall![/quote]
Whereabouts? I'm right on the border, near the Hatch pub :)

[quote name='Geejay' post='3225' date='May 20 2007, 11:33 PM']Wood'atch. near the Angel and the Texaco petrol station. :)[/quote]

Thats no-where near Caterham! I used to live in Horley, plus I went to school (eons ago!) in Whyteleafe so I remember the Angel. Lucky you, nice place to live.

Back to the topic - Oxted County School might have a big enough hall - the school's huge... Plus the pubs in Old Oxted are worth a trawl, and its on a main trainline from London.

[quote name='Linz' post='3579' date='May 21 2007, 01:03 PM']Thats no-where near Caterham! I used to live in Horley, plus I went to school (eons ago!) in Whyteleafe so I remember the Angel. Lucky you, nice place to live.

Back to the topic - Oxted County School might have a big enough hall - the school's huge... Plus the pubs in Old Oxted are worth a trawl, and its on a main trainline from London.[/quote]

Hehe, but methinks Graham has links to a school in Caterham y'see. It's not that far, only about a 10/15 minute drive from good ol' Redhill. Sorry for thread hijack, but whereabouts in Horley? I spent a whole 6 weeks living there before going back Redhill way...

Back OT, the Harlequin has a few Saturdays free but none when I am free. The function rooms can hold 100 people max due to fire regs and size, but with gear etc that would be about 50 people tops. Might be a bit small and uncomfortable if we really do get 40-odd people.

[quote name='Merton' post='3592' date='May 21 2007, 01:12 PM']Hehe, but methinks Graham has links to a school in Caterham y'see. It's not that far, only about a 10/15 minute drive from good ol' Redhill. Sorry for thread hijack, but whereabouts in Horley? I spent a whole 6 weeks living there before going back Redhill way...

Back OT, the Harlequin has a few Saturdays free but none when I am free. The function rooms can hold 100 people max due to fire regs and size, but with gear etc that would be about 50 people tops. Might be a bit small and uncomfortable if we really do get 40-odd people.[/quote]

I lived in Haroldslea Drive, then got married and went downmarket to Thornton Close (near the Swimming Pool) - only good thing about that address was it was a short crawl across the playing field to the 6 Bells Pub!

Do you mean 40-odd or 40 odd people? :)

Caterham's easier to get to from the M25 than Redhill - its just off J6.

Edited by Linz

[quote name='Linz' post='3630' date='May 21 2007, 02:47 PM']I lived in Haroldslea Drive, then got married and went downmarket to Thornton Close (near the Swimming Pool) - only good thing about that address was it was a short crawl across the playing field to the 6 Bells Pub!

Do you mean 40-odd or 40 odd people? :)

Caterham's easier to get to from the M25 than Redhill - its just off J6.[/quote]

40 odd people, definitely. Hell, we'll all be talking bass!! :huh:

Not sure there's much in it between Redhill and Caterham from M25 Jcts 8/6 respectively to be honest. Ah well, I'd better carry on thinking of locations....

:)
Hi,
Merton's right on the money. I have connections in Caterham. It's not very far at all and in view of the amazing one way system in Reigate probably easier to get through than Redhill. Oxted would be good, the school hall I have in mind in Caterham could be a bit cosy with gear, groupies etc.
I'll think on other venues. Merton and I will try and get our heads together over a beer or three..four...five...what were we supposed to be discussing?

got the pm Merton. Will be in touch.
Graham
:huh:

I'll be up for going to this!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='942' date='May 17 2007, 11:59 PM']2) Water Rats Rehearsal Studios in Surrey - went to something there before and it was OK but we'd probably need 2 rooms... Here's a link:

[url="http://www.waterrat.co.uk/?gclid=CI6M7LuYlowCFRooEAodfR83eA"]http://www.waterrat.co.uk/?gclid=CI6M7LuYlowCFRooEAodfR83eA[/url][/quote]

Ooh, used to practice there. Prices and rooms are good but it may be a tight squeeze and it might get a bit sweaty but it's definitely a good option.

Calm down people.

We have had 40 or so express an interest that means 30 will turn up. We still need a venue thats big enough for 30 people + 30 bass rigs + 30 basses (or probably more cos some greedy barstuards have got more than one(people or basses or rigs)). Plus enough A/C power for all the above, plus pedal boards for those that use them.

All options are still open so please try and find a venue.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='5491' date='May 23 2007, 11:40 PM']Calm down people.

We have had 40 or so express an interest that means 30 will turn up. We still need a venue thats big enough for 30 people + 30 bass rigs + 30 basses (or probably more cos some greedy barstuards have got more than one(people or basses or rigs)). Plus enough A/C power for all the above, plus pedal boards for those that use them.

All options are still open so please try and find a venue.[/quote]

On that basis, I reckon it's back to ACM or a school or university hall perhaps??

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='7712' date='May 27 2007, 05:40 PM']+1 on that!

Thought I'd bump this topic back to the top so we don't lose sight of it! I'm still interested in doing this if anyone else is??

Nik[/quote]

+1, although the point above about power supply etc is worth considering before we commit to a venue, especially if it's a school. No point having 30 rigs if there's only two power sockets, and schools these days are nightmares re health and safety so multiple extension cables might be out :)
A well placed rehearsal studio (near a pub) certainly sounds like the best bet to me?
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='7995' date='May 28 2007, 11:05 AM']+1, although the point above about power supply etc is worth considering before we commit to a venue, especially if it's a school. No point having 30 rigs if there's only two power sockets, and schools these days are nightmares re health and safety so multiple extension cables might be out :)
A well placed rehearsal studio (near a pub) certainly sounds like the best bet to me?
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

So...back to The Water Rats - hire 2 rooms..It's near trains and a pub?

[quote name='Beedster' post='7995' date='May 28 2007, 11:05 AM']+1, although the point above about power supply etc is worth considering before we commit to a venue, especially if it's a school. No point having 30 rigs if there's only two power sockets, and schools these days are nightmares re health and safety so multiple extension cables might be out :)
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

Yes, the two ps are importants Plugs and Pubs!

So this thread has been going sometime and there has been great debate if it should be held in east or the west of surrey (or any where else)! ok does that matter, I don't live in surrey and can travel almost any where, I was looking at the midlands one (Like Nick was) and we need to stop debating it and come to some decisions if it will ever come together, so date, place and time is needed.

Hey fellas

There are quite a few of us BCers in London - getting a good crowd shouldn't be a problem - nor should finding a venu near a good pub in London - I've wanted to go to the bashes but it's been very difficult as I don't drive and just haven't had the time or opportunity to attend one so far- and the thought of getting on a train and heading to some road-side venue is slightly daunting for me - at least public transport is plentiful in London too.

The Water Rats is fairly central and a venue we could at least make some noise at - let's find somewhere and do this thing!

Maybe The Gallery would be up for hosting it... I may have to run it past Alex and the boys.

Mike

[quote name='NickThomas' post='11165' date='Jun 2 2007, 07:54 PM']BUMP ... we cant let this thread slip into page 2 when the Northern monkeys have the midlands bash stickied lol[/quote]

Have a bump from a Northern monkey :huh:
The Midlands Bash is sorted, 16th June near Kidderminster. See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=307"]here[/url] for more info.
Just thought some of you Southerners might consider the journey :)

Pete.

[quote name='urb' post='11267' date='Jun 3 2007, 01:48 AM']Hey fellas

There are quite a few of us BCers in London - getting a good crowd shouldn't be a problem - nor should finding a venu near a good pub in London - I've wanted to go to the bashes but it's been very difficult as I don't drive and just haven't had the time or opportunity to attend one so far- and the thought of getting on a train and heading to some road-side venue is slightly daunting for me - at least public transport is plentiful in London too.

The Water Rats is fairly central and a venue we could at least make some noise at - let's find somewhere and do this thing!

Maybe The Gallery would be up for hosting it... I may have to run it past Alex and the boys.

Mike[/quote]

Conversely anywhere in London, especially Cantral/North London is more difficult for many to get to than Northampton. We ideally need somewhere close to a network railway station and 5-10 minutes from the M25. Perhaps you London types should hold your own Bash.

On a more practical note, a venue will cost. Assuming we follow the principle layed down at previous national Bashes and charge £10 we should hopefully cover the cost, however in the event that it doesn't, who is going to underwrite the loss?

If I could think of somewhere suitable near me, I'd be more than happy to take the reins and get this this underway. Alas I cant but I really think someone has to take this under there wing much as Arrowhead Paul has done in the past.
I'd just like to see this thing happen.

Nick.