Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

[quote name='urb' post='735677' date='Feb 5 2010, 01:59 AM']Here's one I made earlier (todat!)

A little groove based jam on my lovely Sei Jazz, bass went direct into Logic and has a tiny bit EQ/compression but it sounds great straight in...

Mike[/quote]

That was nice, Mike..

Although, I could tell a few timing issues at the beginning..

Anyway, I dig your clips far more than most others I met here so far..

Cheers mate
Faith

[quote name='urb' post='735677' date='Feb 4 2010, 11:59 PM']Here's one I made earlier (todat!)

A little groove based jam on my lovely Sei Jazz, bass went direct into Logic and has a tiny bit EQ/compression but it sounds great straight in...

Hooe you dig it

Mike[/quote]

Definitely diggin' this - have watched it a couple of times & have found it very inspiring. I really like the tone you've got there, reminds me of Tom Kennedy's tone on a Dave Weckl Live CD I've got!

Nice One - let's have some more!!

Cheers,
iamthewalrus

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='737615' date='Feb 6 2010, 10:01 PM']A quick video of my playing smooth :)

Was testing out my newly acquired mbox & microbass. There's acouple of fluffs when i'm changing pages but you get the idea :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Excellent tone and timing... this sounds "easy" but it's not. Every note counts and you can't hide behind noisy drums etc..
Great feel, you don't rush and that's not that obvious.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='737615' date='Feb 6 2010, 09:01 PM']A quick video of my playing smooth :)

Was testing out my newly acquired mbox & microbass. There's acouple of fluffs when i'm changing pages but you get the idea :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Beautifully done Jake.....this track was one of the highlights for me when I saw Santana live in Vegas......mate, you nailed it. :lol:

[quote name='wombatboter' post='738191' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:26 PM']Excellent tone and timing... this sounds "easy" but it's not. Every note counts and you can't hide behind noisy drums etc..
Great feel, you don't rush and that's not that obvious.[/quote]

Cheers dude :)
I deffinitely rush the fill at 4.37!

[quote name='Tinman' post='738196' date='Feb 7 2010, 04:36 PM']Beautifully done Jake.....this track was one of the highlights for me when I saw Santana live in Vegas......mate, you nailed it. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thankyou Tinman!

I've seen Santana twice and they blown me away both times. Second time i saw them last year, i was only 2 rows back right in the middle :lol:

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='738495' date='Feb 7 2010, 09:29 PM']Thankyou Tinman!

I've seen Santana twice and they blown me away both times. Second time i saw them last year, i was only 2 rows back right in the middle :)[/quote]

You are most definitely welcome my friend.

When and where was that Jake? I saw him on his last night of the year in 'The Joint' Las Vegas

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='740179' date='Feb 9 2010, 05:27 PM']You are most definitely welcome my friend.

When and where was that Jake? I saw him on his last night of the year in 'The Joint' Las Vegas[/quote]

Wait a minute!!!!!!!! You guys were here in Vegas and you didn't tell me?! LOL

Seriously...........Next time you are here, let me know! :)

Craig

[quote name='ghigo85' post='737000' date='Feb 6 2010, 11:00 AM']Hi,

here a new video, but not fretless, just a little solo impro on Acoustic Bass...

Please, comments, feedbacks and suggestions are welcome! :)

Thank you!

[/quote]

Absolutely loving that, really articulate and pronounced stuff, well done playa'.

Now I want the tab for it....!! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Tinman' post='740179' date='Feb 9 2010, 05:27 PM']You are most definitely welcome my friend.

When and where was that Jake? I saw him on his last night of the year in 'The Joint' Las Vegas[/quote]

APRIL MAY JUNE 2006 EUROPEAN TOUR - 5/11/2006
LIVE YOUR LIGHT TOUR: EUROPE, 2008 - 6/21/2008

Both at Manchester Arena, i've got some pics somewhere so will try dig them out :)

Edit:

Crappy pics from the phone :rolleyes:

Edited by jake_tenfloors

Here's one from our local venue the other week. Excuses now though, the audio is very weird!, I look very tubby! (eaten very poorly the last few months and too much comfort eating has porked me out!) I think the engineer didn't have the keyboard in at the start, hadn't seen each other let alone rehearsed in at least three weeks at this point but hey ho. Excuses over..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MliAfhj5d3U&feature=youtube_gdata"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MliAfhj5d3U...e=youtube_gdata[/url]

hope that works I'm on my phone.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU6GveSyuT4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU6GveSyuT4[/url]

The audio was done by our very own SlapHappyGary 'n all. Please excuse the strangely proportioned rig - SVT-350H aloft the MATAMP 212. My Bass terror's output was too hot, i realised the problem after, thanks to a thread posted here though!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Golchen' post='745562' date='Feb 15 2010, 09:31 AM'][b]Hey Urb/Mike[/b] - I totally love your video! The tone, the playing, the music, all hit the spot for me. Fabulous stuff!

I'd like to aim for that kind of style myself, not that I'll ever reach that standard![/quote]

Hey G

Just saw this and wanted to say thanks - I just got my midi setup working on my 5 string Sei - so hopefully I'll get around to making a vid or two with that soon - glad you enjoyed the other ones too.

Cheers

Mike

PS Jake man - great stuff - crazy depping gig though "Hi Jake, fancy playing some orchestral arrangements of Jacko stuff in a stadium?" I guess it's a no brainer really :) - nice work sir.

M