Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

we filmed an acoustic version of one of our songs for this website - [url="http://www.manchesterscenewipe.co.uk/"]http://www.manchesterscenewipe.co.uk/[/url]

there's some other band's stuff up there too - they filmed why? t'other week and loads of other bits and bobs.

Edited by HollyDTVGE

[quote name='Tinman' post='795202' date='Apr 3 2010, 06:53 PM']Right Nige, that's done it. I'm off to find me a bonfire. :lol:

Brilliant mate.

Pete[/quote]

I think it's the fact that Nigel managed to record it whilst waiting for his good lady to get ready to go out. A) it would have taken me more than one attempt even if I knew how to play it and :rolleyes: Mrs silddx cannot be like my wife who constantly badgers me for an opinion on what she should wear, hence no time to do anything let alone record a vid :)
You'll have to tell us your secret mate.

[quote name='Marvin' post='795304' date='Apr 3 2010, 09:12 PM']I think it's the fact that Nigel managed to record it whilst waiting for his good lady to get ready to go out. A) it would have taken me more than one attempt even if I knew how to play it and :rolleyes: Mrs silddx cannot be like my wife who constantly badgers me for an opinion on what she should wear, hence no time to do anything let alone record a vid :)
You'll have to tell us your secret mate.[/quote]
I tell her what to wear, mate, I was just waiting for her to put it on and apply make up :lol:

[quote name='silddx' post='795152' date='Apr 3 2010, 05:44 PM']Here's a go at Tempus Fugit by Yes. A few mistakes here and there. I recorded it yesterday while waiting for mrs silddx to get ready before going to the Fat Duck with some friends, more of which later ..

[/quote]

Brilliant! How was the Fat Duck? My stepdaughter wants to go there for her 18th, but it's bloody miles away!

[quote name='The inglourious bass turd' post='795830' date='Apr 4 2010, 05:21 PM']Brilliant! How was the Fat Duck? My stepdaughter wants to go there for her 18th, but it's bloody miles away![/quote]
I'll stick a review up tomorrow in off topic, mate. It won't be anything like she expects though, I reckon, it was weird and beautiful, and won't be to everyone's taste.

[quote name='silddx' post='795152' date='Apr 3 2010, 05:44 PM']Here's a go at Tempus Fugit by Yes. A few mistakes here and there. I recorded it yesterday while waiting for mrs silddx to get ready before going to the Fat Duck with some friends, more of which later ..

[/quote]

Good stuff mate, rock solid timing - but its a bit of a shock to see you without a hat :) :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting a thread that hasn't been updated since April with a video I recorded last night? Well that's what I've just done.

It was good practice for alleviating my 'red light syndrome', but I still can't seem to shake the nerves and really get into it till the outro. :)

Oh yeah, in case you can't tell I'm so into Louis 'Thunder Thumbs' Johnson right now. :rolleyes:

I recorded a short medley of two "Shadows"-themes with my Wal bass... the soundquality is not superb and the playing could be better but it was just for fun :-)

Don't know how to embed so here's the link..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYppWzAVsWY&translated=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYppWzAVsWY&translated=1[/url]

[quote name='Rayman' post='903087' date='Jul 23 2010, 12:32 PM']That's fab, lovely playing there sir, and a beautiful tone from the 'ray, love it.[/quote]
Cheers, appreciate it! I could have made more effort to make it sound nice, as I only plugged it straight into a USB interface and added a tad of compression... but then again, the only bass I've played that sounds good 'nude' is a Stingray, so I wouldn't have needed to do much more.

Some funk from my rehearsal the other night - plus short bass solo - not our tightest take on this tune but I hope you like the groove - and no that's not my normal amp - had to use the one supplied (i.e. a beaten up Trace hulk)

M

[quote name='Jigster' post='903473' date='Jul 23 2010, 06:42 PM']nice beefy sound - was it a stingray? what settings you use on the bass eq?[/quote]

I thought it was a Stingray...until i got close up, and it was some hand made british Job...Horrible high action. Absolutely clueless on the eq, it was a Markbass combo with an extention cab, i walked up, hit the strings and thought 'that'll do'.

I had intended to take my own bass, but thought better of it...beer + expensive gear x last train home to Manchester = probably lost bass.

Next year they've agreed to let me choose the tunes. Dangerous.

[quote name='Huwberry' post='902967' date='Jul 23 2010, 11:13 AM']Resurrecting a thread that hasn't been updated since April with a video I recorded last night? Well that's what I've just done.

It was good practice for alleviating my 'red light syndrome', but I still can't seem to shake the nerves and really get into it till the outro. :)

Oh yeah, in case you can't tell I'm so into Louis 'Thunder Thumbs' Johnson right now. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Respect to you Huwberry...that was solid bass playing...love the tune and you did it justice...that slap was SPOT ON!!!

what a tone from that SR4 :lol:

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='903509' date='Jul 23 2010, 07:22 PM']Respect to you Huwberry...that was solid bass playing...love the tune and you did it justice...that slap was SPOT ON!!!

what a tone from that SR4 :rolleyes:[/quote]
Thanks man, really appreciate the compliment.

I guess changing to DR Sunbeams has made all the difference, tone-wise. Other than my fingers, of course. :)

I just found a video of MarloweDK playing Stomp though. Wasn't aware of an 'album' version till now, with a longer intro, solo, outro etc. It's ridiculous!!

[quote name='Faithless' post='903829' date='Jul 24 2010, 10:32 AM']

Here's my quickie, rushing through transcription, originally that's a synth bassline, and it's just wicked..

I'll bring you more of stuff like this.. You wouldn't believe, how much wicked pop/synth bass stuff is out there..[/quote]

Nice one.
Nice wifebeater too :)