Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

[quote name='Marvin' post='734347' date='Feb 3 2010, 06:44 PM']Liked the tone as well BTW :)[/quote]

Cheers! I used the Mic In on my PC so it clips in some places. If I had a dedicated interface it would be a bit better.

Having the PJB headphone amp is really useful though, as it has a Speaker out, so I plug it into my DB112 as well as the Mic In, so when I record I have:

My sound going straight into the computer
I can hear what I'm playing as it's coming out of the DB112
The music I'm playing to coming out of my PC Speakers

While I'm playing I'm obviously recording the video via webcam, so I just mute the audio from the video, mix my bass track with the original track in Audacity, then export that mp3 and sync it up with the video. Works pretty sweet :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rasta' post='734720' date='Feb 4 2010, 07:56 AM']Here's my new band with a ruff tuff loverz reggae recording :)

[/quote]
That be a bit classy for bumpkins. :lol: :rolleyes:

Good stuff, I assume you gig locally as well as further afield. Might be able to catch you some time.

[quote name='silddx' post='735695' date='Feb 5 2010, 12:20 AM']ACE!!

No question I would buy that, wonderful! LOOOVEEEERRRLY bass line too.

Respec![/quote]
Ah thanks mate, i never get much compliments for my 5-6 notes b-lines (although this one's a riddim). It was just a live practice which we recorded and a mate who's into filming came along with his camera. Hopefully get some gigging soon from the recordings :lol:

Was watching Urb's amazing video, that's wicked playing mate...the other end of the spectrum compared to my basic 5 notes...but all bass none the less :)

One love , bass love :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rasta' post='736346' date='Feb 5 2010, 03:56 PM']Ah thanks mate, i never get much compliments for my 5-6 notes b-lines (although this one's a riddim). It was just a live practice which we recorded and a mate who's into filming came along with his camera. Hopefully get some gigging soon from the recordings :lol:

Was watching Urb's amazing video, that's wicked playing mate...the other end of the spectrum compared to my basic 5 notes...but all bass none the less :)

One love , bass love :rolleyes:[/quote]

How much gigging are you likely to be doing in Devon?

[quote name='urb' post='735677' date='Feb 4 2010, 11:59 PM']Here's one I made earlier (todat!)

A little groove based jam on my lovely Sei Jazz, bass went direct into Logic and has a tiny bit EQ/compression but it sounds great straight in...

Hooe you dig it

Mike[/quote]

I really like this! Great playing Mike!

Craig

Here is some footage from a three song set I did a few weeks ago. I edited it to 5 minutes and included a bit from each tune I played. It was filmed at the NAMM show this year. It sounds ok considering my tracks and bass were all coming out of an Ampeg mini bass amp. :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/url]

[quote name='Craigmartini' post='736434' date='Feb 5 2010, 05:12 PM']Here is some footage from a three song set I did a few weeks ago. I edited it to 5 minutes and included a bit from each tune I played. It was filmed at the NAMM show this year. It sounds ok considering my tracks and bass were all coming out of an Ampeg mini bass amp. :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/url] [/quote]

Anything done by someone born on 31 January 1973 will doubtless be faultless. :rolleyes:

Said it before, you're a true talent.

Cheers

[quote name='Marvin' post='736505' date='Feb 5 2010, 06:21 PM']Anything done by someone born on 31 January 1973 will doubtless be faultless. :rolleyes:

Said it before, you're a true talent.

Cheers[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words my friend!

Hey, you ARE my birthday brother! :) Cool! Well, happy belated birthday brother!

Craig

[quote name='Rasta' post='736346' date='Feb 5 2010, 03:56 PM']Ah thanks mate, i never get much compliments for my 5-6 notes b-lines (although this one's a riddim). It was just a live practice which we recorded and a mate who's into filming came along with his camera. Hopefully get some gigging soon from the recordings :lol:[/quote]
I don't know why you don't get comps mate, your playing is beautiful! I've been sucked in and I've watched your vid five times :rolleyes: You got the whole package there, great band, I love the singer, he looks like a real character :) And the band name is brilliant! In the early eighties I used to play in a band in West Wales, we we often on the bill with a white reggae band, the singer was this little geezer with big lungs and spiky peroxide hair. They were wickid, and also had a great name - Chalky White and the Shamrastas.

[quote name='urb' post='735677' date='Feb 4 2010, 11:59 PM']Here's one I made earlier (todat!)

A little groove based jam on my lovely Sei Jazz, bass went direct into Logic and has a tiny bit EQ/compression but it sounds great straight in...

Hooe you dig it

Mike[/quote]

Mike, that's not my cup of cha, but by god, it's bloody amazing!

[quote name='Craigmartini' post='736548' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:01 PM']Thank you for the kind words my friend!

Hey, you ARE my birthday brother! :) Cool! Well, happy belated birthday brother!

Craig[/quote]

And belated happy birthday to you. cheers mate

[quote name='Tinman' post='736585' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:43 PM']In fact, anything done by anyone born on the 31st of January (any year) is going to be brilliant. :rolleyes:[/quote]

You're not wrong there Mr Tinman, 'tis the [b]only[/b] day to be born on. :lol:

[quote name='Tinman' post='736585' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:43 PM']In fact, anything done by anyone born on the 31st of January (any year) is going to be brilliant. :)[/quote]

Hey I'll drink to that - another birthday brother - '51 vintage!

Cheers,
John

[quote name='KiOgon' post='736671' date='Feb 5 2010, 09:11 PM']Hey I'll drink to that - another birthday brother - '51 vintage!

Cheers,
John[/quote]

"In fact, anything done by anyone born on the 31st of January (any year) is going to be brilliant."

Haha! Right on guys, I think we are forming our own club here! The 31 club might be a good name for it. :)

Happy belated b-day brothers!

Sorry for the thread hijack. There are really some great vids on here guys, keep up the good work!!

Craig

Edited by Craigmartini

[quote name='KiOgon' post='736671' date='Feb 5 2010, 09:11 PM']Hey I'll drink to that - another birthday brother - '51 vintage!

Cheers,
John[/quote]
Fellow 31st Jan birthday brother. That's the funniest avatar I've seen :rolleyes: :lol:

If this keeps going we'll have to start a new thread, anymore out there?

I like the idea of a 31club :)

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='Craigmartini' post='736421' date='Feb 5 2010, 04:57 PM']I really like this! Great playing Mike!

Craig[/quote]
Thanks Craig - you play great as well

[quote name='silddx' post='736609' date='Feb 5 2010, 07:59 PM']Mike, that's not my cup of cha, but by god, it's bloody amazing![/quote]

Differing tastes in cups of tea are what makes the world go round - so thank you too

Cheers

Mike