Yup, anything by The Stranglers.

And of course Norman Watt-Roy's Rhythm Stick.[/quote]

All of the above, plus:-

Bill Withers-Lovely Day
Ten City-That's the way love is
The Cure-Charlotte Sometimes
The Damned-Shadow of love
White Stripes-Seven nation army-although I'm not sure that's a bass

[quote name='rasher80' post='608462' date='Sep 25 2009, 10:46 AM']I know it's a bit sad but i love the bassline from Michael McDonald's "I Keep Forgettin'".
Ace line though[/quote]

Not sad at all.
Louis Johnson right on the money, up front, killer sound.
:)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

I quite like Flea's bassline on 'Rolling Sly Stone' - nice and punchy

Paul Weller (well, his session bassist anyway) - 'Has my Fire Really Gone Out', '5th Season', 'Shadow of the Sun', 'Whirlpools' End' (convinced that last one is all about his washing machine packing up, but I think I've missed the subtext :) . Cool bassline tho')

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='608344' date='Sep 25 2009, 09:07 AM']Debaser - Pixies. Not complicated but Kim hits the spot for me![/quote]
Not my cup of tea, but prefer 'Where is my Mind' - simple, understated, fits in the mix nicely. Perfect antidote to a slow Friday afternoon stuck at work! :rolleyes:

Edited by Bottle

Allthough I wouldn't consider myself simply red fan
"Somethin' got me started-give it all up for you"
really floats my boat when It comes to bass lines.
drop D and "nice" slappy bits.

oh yeah that reminds me (could be unpopular choice, no doubt.. "love and pride"- king I think the bass man was called Tony Waller(?), all his stuff...respec...)

And dont get me started on Nick Beggs....ace on the Bass and also with ABC," look of love" bass lines that Nick Beggs "nails" when covering for those 80's tribute turns

OK a bit old and folkie but give a listen to 'Banks of the Nile' by Fotheringay. Straight forward 'folk' story song about young buck leaving sweetheart to fight for king and country. Sandy Denny holds it together with her awesome voice but listen to the backing track. Guitars are playing a repetitive riff through the song while the bass has fun and plays around, at the end one of the guitars starts to solo.... and the song fades out :)