Why become a member? ×

1000 watt valve amp!

henry norton

Here's a link to a guy in Nottingham making 1000 watt valve amps. [url="http://www.chambonino.com/construct/const9.html"]1000w valve amp[/url]

He's using just 4 813 transmitter valves as opposed to the 20 or so 6L6s you'd need if you were to use 'ordinary' valves. I'm surprised we haven't seen more manufacturers going down this road. The only downside seems to be the rather frightening 2500 volts on the anodes but having said that, 400 volts will kill you just as dead....

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='536356' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:29 PM']The bigger your tubes, the smaller your nob :rolleyes: Just what i heard...

My amp has a single 12AX7 BTW :)[/quote]

Oo er missus. My amp's got 4 EL34s so does this mean I have 4 medium sized nobs????????

[quote name='henry norton' post='536378' date='Jul 9 2009, 12:49 PM']Oo er missus. My amp's got 4 EL34s so does this mean I have 4 medium sized nobs????????[/quote]

erm...yes? :wacko: Are you from Norfolk?

[quote name='henry norton' post='536378' date='Jul 9 2009, 12:49 PM']Oo er missus. My amp's got 4 EL34s so does this mean I have 4 medium sized nobs????????[/quote]

And I bet your condoms fit like a glove :)

[size=1]Coat please...[/size]

A

[quote name='henry norton' post='536245' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:23 AM']Here's a link to a guy in Nottingham making 1000 watt valve amps. [url="http://www.chambonino.com/construct/const9.html"]1000w valve amp[/url]

He's using just 4 813 transmitter valves as opposed to the 20 or so 6L6s you'd need if you were to use 'ordinary' valves. I'm surprised we haven't seen more manufacturers going down this road. The only downside seems to be the rather frightening 2500 volts on the anodes but having said that, 400 volts will kill you just as dead....[/quote]

2500 V.......[i]pah[/i], the X-ray tubes I use (I'm a radiographer) use 100,000+ V !!!! OK, so my body hair fell out and I grew an extra testicle but so what......... :)

I do like the fact that he has used a pack of ropey brand budget fags for the guide to size! Hmmm.. I hope the rest of the components aren't budget brand..

As for getting a new boiler.. man you wouldn't need one with that. Can you imagine the heat that thing is going to bang out at full bore?? Just plumb up your central heating to it and you have the perfect excuse for blasting it out in those wintery evenings :)

Edited by Marky L

[quote name='Shaggy' post='536553' date='Jul 9 2009, 04:07 PM']2500 V.......[i]pah[/i], the X-ray tubes I use (I'm a radiographer) use 100,000+ V !!!! OK, so my body hair fell out and I grew an extra testicle but so what......... :)[/quote]

So it [i]is [/i]true!

Groovy,,,,,,, :)

John actually let me borrow his CBA500 all valve Bass amp for a couple of months....He really is the tube messiah......

I did and still do really want the production model,,,,,,,but seriously it nearly takes two to lift it!!

John Chambers Rawks ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Toddy

[quote name='Marky L' post='536581' date='Jul 9 2009, 05:44 PM']I do like the fact that he has used a pack of ropey brand budget fags for the guide to size! Hmmm.. I hope the rest of the components aren't budget brand..[/quote]

So, would you be happier with the amp if he smoked Sobranies?