Why become a member? ×

Great Rhythm Sections

gilmour

[quote name='jacko' date='Sep 6 2007, 02:55 PM' post='56545']
Which one though? I've got to say i've always preferred Gary husband - he always seems to have put more into being a drummer than gould.

MB1. :)
Would have to go with Gary Husband, me thinks, much more power, aggression and positivity.

Walter Trout's current crew: Rick Knapp on Bass & Joey Pafumi on Drums

he's on the UK leg of his world tour in October... some 28 dates in UK

[url="http://www.waltertrout.com/tourdates.htm"]http://www.waltertrout.com/tourdates.htm[/url]

if you get a chance, see him... you won't regret it... pure blues power, probably THE best blues guitar player in the world. Certainly give EC a run for the money.

I was lucky back in March to be in the front of the crowd for his show. I was so close, I could have helped him play his guitar...

[quote name='Chop' date='Sep 7 2007, 02:12 PM' post='56976']
Erm... don't think anyones gone for Charley Charles and Norman Watt-Roy.....Has anyone ever seen a tighter band than The Blockheads in full flow?

+1 for Sly & Robbie
MB1. :)
How did i forget Norman?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='57260' date='Sep 8 2007, 01:22 AM']Shelia E and Levi Seacer, Jr. who played drum and bass respectively for Prince on his Sign 'o' the Times and Lovesexy tours were a brilliant rhythm section....

She was quite good looking IIRC.....

Am now seriously in danger of straying (or have strayed) way off topic :)[/quote]

Quick, pass the kleenex

Jeff Ament & Matt Cameron of Pearl Jam - Jeff + any of the other drummers have been good but Cameron is so very classy and has impeccable time-keeping.

Darryl Jones & Charlie Watts - I like the Stones stuff sounding tight, many people don't but these two mesh in a way that gives the old tunes new life.

• 10 months later...

[quote name='Chop' post='56976' date='Sep 7 2007, 02:12 PM']Erm... don't think anyones gone for Charley Charles and Norman Watt-Roy.....Has anyone ever seen a tighter band than The Blockheads in full flow?

+1 for Sly & Robbie[/quote]

+1 For Norman and Charley in the Blockheads,but I've heard Norman with Steve Monti in Wilko Johnston's band.Just as tight!