Why become a member? ×

You Know You're A Bassist When

JBassist

you try and improvise something remotely interesting or challenging, but the drummer doesn't follow you and you end up looking like an idiot.

Can't believe I misspelled 'idiot'...drummers fault no doubt.

Edited by thodrik

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='526086' date='Jun 27 2009, 05:19 PM']when you understand why the C string on a 6 string bass is a C, and not a B, as on a guitar.[/quote]

[quote name='thodrik' post='526123' date='Jun 27 2009, 05:59 PM']you try and improvise something remotely interesting or challenging, but the drummer doesn't follow you and you end up looking like an idoit.[/quote]

both of these made me laugh

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='526086' date='Jun 27 2009, 05:19 PM']when you understand why the C string on a 6 string bass is a C, and not a B, as on a guitar.[/quote]

Given that a guitar is usually tuned EADGBE, and a 6 string bass usually BEADGC, then the bass C string would be the equivalent of the guitar top E string, and the bass G would be the equivalent of the B on a guitar?!

Back on topic. I would say you know when you are a bassist when you learn to spend more time practicing and playing bass than browsing internet web forums, otherwise it's just pretending :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='526080' date='Jun 27 2009, 05:08 PM']When you're stood on stage naked, painted blue with yellow polka-dots, hair on fire, slapping the strings with your erect p*nis, and people are STILL watching the flaming Lead Guitard and Singer. :) :lol: :rolleyes:[/quote]
:D:lol:;)

[size=1]ps. sorry, I just had to amend the thread title... typo was doing my head in :rolleyes:[/size]