Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

Just bought back my old Streamer LX that I sold on here something like 15 years ago. Always missed it, so pleased to have it back. Sadly it’s had some damage in the meantime, and it’s cost a bit to get going, but now with its new EMG insides, it’s sounding great. 
Last two pics are from the first time around, back when I still had long hair :)

IMG_9154.jpeg

IMG_9155.jpeg

IMG_9157.jpeg

IMG_9156.jpeg

DSC00008.webp

090.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

Third in the family!

My solid body double bass made by Emanuel Wilfer, and my Stagg EUB welcome their sibling:

Warwick RockBass Streamer fretless. Original wires replaced with La Bella flatwounds.

Now I shall work on my fingerspacing, as the "fret"board is a lot shorter than those of the uprights.

P1040220.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a heavily modified RockBass Streamer. The original frets were uneven and one had come loose, and I hadn’t played it much in the year I owned it from new. So I had it re-fretted with stainless jumbos by Feline Guitars. The fret job was more than half the original price of the bass, but well worth it IMO. They also installed a pair of Delano SBC 4 HE/S-4 quad coil humbuckers, switches, and a scratch plate. I later moved 2 of the switches a bit. I also installed a custom John East mixing amp, so the knobs are master volume, blend and tone. Each pickup can emulate P, reverse P, series and parallel. I tend to use P and series modes the most, and I’ll play on the neck, bridge, or blended, depending on the tone I’m after. It’s pretty versatile. Am thinking I might swap out the John East for a 3 band pre at some point. There are 2 switches for each pickup, and getting my head around the schematic took some doing, but I provided my design to the luthier and they did a super fine wiring job. Somehow it worked first time when they handed it back to me… a misspent youth with a soldering iron and an ‘As’ level in electronics served me well.

RB_StreamerLarge.thumb.jpeg.2d1cf71081d2fbe8e4f35ef2f685fa3e.jpeg

• Like 1