Why become a member? ×

Forbassplayersonly - New bass website

Stingray5

Just wondered who else might have seen this new bass website called 'For Bass Players Only'.
(Or am I just late to this particular party!? :) )
[url="http://www.forbassplayersonly.com/"]http://www.forbassplayersonly.com/[/url]

[quote name='Stingray5' post='503627' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:31 AM']Just wondered who else might have seen this new bass website called 'For Bass Players Only'.
(Or am I just late to this particular party!? :) )
[url="http://www.forbassplayersonly.com/"]http://www.forbassplayersonly.com/[/url][/quote]

you are early if anything! The only posts are by the guy who created the site, so early days. Looks USA based, but I will probably keep an eye on it.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='503635' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:43 AM']you are early if anything! The only posts are by the guy who created the site, so early days. Looks USA based, but I will probably keep an eye on it.[/quote]

If you go to the store you will see that the owner/first poster also writes tuition/transcription books so it's probably a marketing exercise for him to sell his wares.

[quote name='obbm' post='503639' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:47 AM']If you go to the store you will see that the owner/first poster also writes tuition/transcription books so it's probably a marketing exercise for him to sell his wares.[/quote]

doh! didn't notice that.

[quote name='obbm' post='503639' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:47 AM']If you go to the store you will see that the owner/first poster also writes tuition/transcription books so it's probably a marketing exercise for him to sell his wares.[/quote]
He is the well-respected Jon Liebman (also a registered member on here under the name... Jon Liebman!), so it has the potential to blossom into something useful.

The site is, however, ugly as sin. :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='503647' date='Jun 2 2009, 07:00 AM']He is the well-respected Jon Liebman (also a registered member on here under the name... Jon Liebman!), so it has the potential to blossom into something useful.

The site is, however, ugly as sin. :)[/quote]

Hey, folks! It's a brand new site. I've been creating over past several months and just "went public" with it yesterday (June 1). I invite your input and feedback (and I'll see what I can do about making it prettier!). Thanks for spreading the word.

Jon Liebman
www.ForBassPlayersOnly.com

I missed these two by a day
Charles Mingus (1922); Paul Chambers (1935);

Jon .. Nice idea but the rather clunky and dated site design puts me off.
I'd suggest you get a skilled web design person to create a stylish and more functional design before publicising it too much.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='504303' date='Jun 2 2009, 10:41 PM']I share my birthday with... March 17: Michael Ivins (1963); Melissa Auf der Maur (1972)

:)
x[/quote]

*drools* over melissa auf der maur - sorry pavlovian response :rolleyes:

Not amused!

I don't really share mine with anyone.
Whereas my wife shares hers with Kelly Groucutt (ELO) and Will Lee
My eldest daughter shares hers with Jet Harris (Shadows, methinks)
And I'm disowning my youngest on the basis that she shares hers with Trent Reznor (NIN) and Josh Homme (Qotsa)

Grrrr!

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='504303' date='Jun 2 2009, 10:41 PM']I share my birthday with... March 17: Michael Ivins (1963)[/quote]

michael ivins - cool bass player

i share mine with Václav Jiskra (1881); Tommy Cogbill (1932); Paul Gray (1972)

and i've no idea who any of them are !