Why become a member? ×

Loft emptying shock

Beedster

I'm shocked and saddened to report that, contrary to several recent ebay listings, I spent 3 hours this morning emptying my loft and didn't find one vintage Fender. I did however find several boxes of Xmas decorations and some mid-80s ski wear. I'm starting the I Emptied My Loft This Morning And Didn't Find A Single Vintage Fender Support Group (or IEMLTMADFASVFSG for short). Please let me know if you'd like to join.

Hmmm.....

I've had a similarly disappointing experience in my garage today Chris so I wonder if you have it in your heart to LENGTHEN your catchy group title to:
I Emptied My Loft and/or Garage This Morning And Didn't Find A Single Vintage Fender Support Group

Producing the (I think) rather epic acronym:

IEMLA/OGTMADFASVFSG

as long as you also start the i bought a cheap fender copy and tried to flog it on ebay as fleas personal guitar or IBACFCATTFIOEAFPG :)

funnily enough my dad was a council binman in the 70`s and over the course of 5 or 6 years brought home fender guitars about once a year that just happened to have been thrown out (of course my mum didnt know there was a guitar shop on his route that did layaway

[quote name='jakesbass' post='490454' date='May 17 2009, 12:18 PM']Hmmm.....

I've had a similarly disappointing experience in my garage today Chris so I wonder if you have it in your heart to LENGTHEN your catchy group title to:
I Emptied My Loft and/or Garage This Morning And Didn't Find A Single Vintage Fender Support Group

Producing the (I think) rather epic acronym:

IEMLA/OGTMADFASVFSG[/quote]

Noted Jake, I'll put you down as IEMLA/OGTMADFASVFSG founder member #2

[quote name='lowdown' post='490460' date='May 17 2009, 12:24 PM']Can you add emptying your wifes handbag?
Christ, have you seen what they keep in there!

Garry[/quote]

It's the first place I look for the step ladders :) :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the time that 'answer a stupid question on the phone and end up with a mortgage sized bill' TV program was investigated for spurious practices.

The Question:
"What item is commonly found in a womans handbag...."

75,000 calls and £15,000,000 profit to the blood sucking leech monger TV execs later (i made the figures up)
No winner....

because....

The Answer:
"A RAWL PLUG"

c**ts...

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='pobolycwm' post='490459' date='May 17 2009, 12:23 PM']i did find some old japcrap bass in my loft called an itchifani the g-string was quite rough[/quote]

lol @ that.

In all seriousness, a friend of mine was employed to clean out a rich person's loft, and they told him to chuck everything out that he found in there. He found a Rickenbacker guitar, which he did not chuck out. Now thats a find...

[quote name='pobolycwm' post='490456' date='May 17 2009, 12:21 PM']as long as you also start the i bought a cheap fender copy and tried to flog it on ebay as fleas personal guitar or IBACFCATTFIOEAFPG :)

funnily enough my dad was a council binman in the 70`s and over the course of 5 or 6 years brought home fender guitars about once a year that just happened to have been thrown out (of course my mum didnt know there was a guitar shop on his route that did layaway[/quote]

I want to shake your dads hand.

I spent the morning rummaging through my pile of mint condition 1963 Gibson Thundebirds, I turned my stash of vintage Jazz and P basses upside down, but I just can't seem to find that neck from a no-name Rickenbacker copy. I know it's there somewhere, I'll take a look in my Alembic collection after lunch.

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='490474' date='May 17 2009, 12:37 PM']Went to check my Fender this morning and very disappointed to not find a 1963 priceless loft in it, not sure I quite understand this game yet but happy to become a member.[/quote]

:) brilliant

[quote name='agroupuk' post='490488' date='May 17 2009, 12:57 PM']Funnily enough I emptied my loft to make space to put more stuff up there and found semi naked pics of my ex fiance.

The wife wasnt impressed.[/quote]

Wow! Spooky!

Funnily enough I emptied my loft to make space to put more stuff up there and found my ex fiance.

The wife wasnt impressed.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='490518' date='May 17 2009, 01:38 PM']Living in the area where Gordon Sumner grew up I thought I would check the loft for any Sting memorabilia - -

Close - -

I found a wasp's nest.[/quote]What did you do ...run away??

I guess you could call that cowardice.