Hook and loop

SamIAm

Hook and Loop  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you have where

• Hook (scratchy) on pedalboard
    • Loop (soft) on pedalboard

31 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Hooks on the bottoms of pedals, loops on the board. I think that's the general way.

Yes, hooks on the board are inviting a world of lint.

Lint, folks....a world of it.

Edited by ahpook
  • Like 2

Consider 3M Dual Lock low profile.  It's more expensive but you don't need much of it at all (1cm² at each corner of a pedal is more than enough), and it holds the pedal considerably more firmly than hook & loop.

• Like 3

Hmm I have always put hook ( scratchy) on my boards and the softer stuff on pedals. Lint free and no issues here. Also I think people who sell me pedals the other way around are plain evil 🤣

• Haha 3

I started putting loop (soft) on the pedals many years ago and now have all my pedals coated in them, which is fine if pedal boards come without pre-applied velcro as you can put it on whichever way you want, but now I have my eye on the D'Addario expandable boards and these come with pre-applied loop velcro (so the wrong way round for me):

https://www.daddario.com/xpnd-pedalboard/

At the moment it's stopping me ordering the board as I'm not sure how easy it will be to get off, and I don't want to destroy a new pedalboard before I've even had the chance to use it!

Edited by SimonK

50 minutes ago, SimonK said:

I started putting loop (soft) on the pedals many years ago and now have all my pedals coated in them, which is fine if pedal boards come without pre-applied velcro as you can put it on whichever way you want, but now I have my eye on the D'Addario expandable boards and these come with pre-applied loop velcro (so the wrong way round for me):

https://www.daddario.com/xpnd-pedalboard/

At the moment it's stopping me ordering the board as I'm not sure how easy it will be to get off, and I don't want to destroy a new pedalboard before I've even had the chance to use it!

...strips of hooks, glued back to back, sandwiched between D'addario board & your pedals?   - just an idea...

• Like 1