Why become a member? ×

NBD, and it makes me want to sell my Sadowskys!

Chopthebass

I just took delivery of my Masterbuilt Alusonic J-Supreme. These are outstanding basses and definitely worth checking out! It has a great modern hifi sound and doesn’t need lots of tweaking with the 3 band eq. You guys have the luxury of going to Bass Direct to check them out, but I took a chance and totally relied on many discussions with Polly the owner of Alusonic to get the custom spec I needed. IMG_1570.thumb.jpeg.a11b423633f96acd060fedfe3c8749be.jpegIMG_1571.thumb.jpeg.863bbd449d1d3bcf1bce28fd7a5807d0.jpegIMG_1572.thumb.jpeg.d29cf774e40aed470df5730948a5fffc.jpegIMG_1573.thumb.jpeg.cb6bca4b8c6450760c7335758e948d06.jpegIMG_1574.thumb.jpeg.e13a56a50cf913aab47062c06b097aa8.jpegIMG_1575.thumb.jpeg.657451383f6d3749cb41659bfeb9e4d5.jpegIMG_1576.thumb.jpeg.0789364cbb067ba2ad1bbf7514cbe7bb.jpeg
I’m going to sell my Sadowskys to finance another! 

• Like 39

37 minutes ago, Chopthebass said:

Their cabs are very unique! Does it sound good?

Well, it has certain honk there, because of the Al box' dimensions. I drive it with Glockenklang Soul, and I am happy with the set. Soul was originally a combo (2x10"), but heavy, 38 kg. Now only the amp is 12 kg, and the alusonic cab 18 kg. Very nice to carry around.

The cab starts to sing in big venues. Even our rehearsal room is big enough for the whole band - we are 13 - but not big enough for bass. I usually keep the tweeter on, but pretty low. My equipment is capable of highs, but in our band bass' highs are mostly useless. Low end is my area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, itu said:

Well, it has certain honk there, because of the Al box' dimensions. I drive it with Glockenklang Soul, and I am happy with the set. Soul was originally a combo (2x10"), but heavy, 38 kg. Now only the amp is 12 kg, and the alusonic cab 18 kg. Very nice to carry around.

The cab starts to sing in big venues. Even our rehearsal room is big enough for the whole band - we are 13 - but not big enough for bass. I usually keep the tweeter on, but pretty low. My equipment is capable of highs, but in our band bass' highs are mostly useless. Low end is my area.

I’ve been curious for a while. Certainly sounds like they deliver the goods! 

41 minutes ago, velvetkevorkian said:

Is the body all aluminium, with different veneers front and back? Looks incredible.

The body is aluminum, hollowed out in places, with a carbon fiber cover. The front is an effect to look like flame.

• Thanks 1

They are great instruments, here is my Alusonic Django carbon 4 custom shop deluxe , I bought this secondhand on here a few months ago, not much aluminum on this one, just the anodised pick guard, it's a chambered ash body with a carbon fibre top. Of the 15 or so bass's I own this quickly became my number one

I had been thinking about getting a Stingray special for a while when this popped up on Basschat, I prefer a light bass and this is a bit lighter and had a few things in its favour, the looks, I love the carbon fibre top the grain in the Ash and the stealth look. The versatile pickups & electronics, the carbon reinforced neck with Graphitex fingerboard 40mm nut width and a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer

It's an amazing bass, the fit and finish are flawless, the epoxy finish is extremely durable, I play in a pub rock covers band,  and I have yet to put any marks on the bass, the neck has a super smooth teflon like feel which is a joy when things get a bit hot and sweaty.

The electronics are Neodymium MM type bridge pickup with split coils and a double coil neck pickup which is a sort of inline p pickup.  Active/passive push pull on the volume control, bass and treble boost and cut.  All the tones are very usable and I find myself using the selector switch a lot during a gig depending on the song, pick or finger style playing.

Hopefully a great future for a builder of beautifully designed modern instruments,

Full specs below;

Construction: Bolt – on

Body: Chambered Selected Swamp Ash Body

Body Finish: Clear Satin Polyurethane Black

Top: Carbon Fiber

Top Finish: Clear Satin Polyurethane

Neck: Hard Maple with Graphite Reinforcing Rods

Neck Thickness: 20mm at 1st fret, 22mm at 12th fret

Neck Shape: Custom “C/V”

Neck Finish: Epoxy Matte Black

Fretboard: Graphitex

Fretboard Finish: Natural

Scale Length: 34″ (864mm)

Radius: 12″

Number of Frets: 24

Frets Size: Medium Jumbo

String Nut: Graphite

Nut Width: 40 mm Graphite

Position Marks: White Side Dots

Truss Rod: 2-way Set in Normal Position

Neck Plate: 5-Bolt

Bridge: Alusonic Aluminium Ouick Release Matte Black

String Spacing: 20 mm

Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites Black

Pickups: Alusonic Hybrid Alnico5/Neodymium Hum+Split Coil

Controls: Volume (push-pull Active/Passive), Treble (passive tone), Bass, 5-way Selector Switch

Hardware: Aluminium Matte Black Pickguard: Aluminium Matte Black

Knobs: Aluminium Black

String: Alusonic Steel 45/105

Weight: 3,5 kg

Accessories: ABS Hardcase, security straplock, wrench keys, lifetime warranty

Alusonic Django 4 carbon deluxe.jpg

Alusonic Django 4 carbon.jpg

Alusonic bass.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...