Why become a member? ×

New stage clothes

police squad

12 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

They make these things called scissors. You apply them to the kind of fabric you would like your stars to be, in the size and shape you would like them to be, with a little extra around each edge that you fold under. That folded edge is the edge of your star. Then you apply this oldfangled technology called "needle and thread" to your stars just back from that edge and hey presto you have a shirt with stars on it.

Cheers for that. Just the kind of unhelpful, sarcastic, smartarse comment I expected...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cetera said:

Cheers for that. Just the kind of unhelpful, sarcastic, smartarse comment I expected...

Someone who knows how to sew shouldn't be complaining about being given helpful advice after they complain about not being able to buy shirts with stars preinstalled in their high street, or about having the borax poked at them.

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

I've debated wearing colourful blazers/jackets in my new covers band a la Entwistle but I'm yet to take the plunge..

I’m a big fan of traditional blazers/jackets. They have lots of pockets to hold all sorts of stuff. I have a selection, mostly bought at charity shops. This is one of my more sober ones.

A60A1569-BB4A-4517-AB87-4CB86A24CA8B.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, Len_derby said:

I’m a big fan of traditional blazers/jackets. They have lots of pockets to hold all sorts of stuff. I have a selection, mostly bought at charity shops. This is one of my more sober ones.

A60A1569-BB4A-4517-AB87-4CB86A24CA8B.jpeg

That is definitely the look!👏

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 07:38, police squad said:

Got our debut gig with The Americana Revue   https://www.americanarevue.com/   coming up in 2 weeks, so I went shopping with my wife for some new clobber.

The gig is completely sold out, which we are very proud of.

Anyway, here's the gear

Anyone else buy gear exclusively to wear at gigs

americana.jpg

Cool, I like the threads.

Daryl

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I'd love a tonic jacket for gigs, if I could find one budgie style in the op  shop before some other fashionista snaffles it.

To paraphrase....

"They make these things called scissors. You apply them to the kind of fabric you would like your jacket to be, cut according to the pattern in the size and shape you would like it to be. Then you apply this oldfangled technology called "needle and thread" to your fabric pieces and hey presto you have a jacket."

I hope this helps. And remember.....

"Someone who knows how to sew shouldn't now complain about being given helpful advice after they complain about not being able to buy the jacket they want before some other fashionista snaffles it"

You're welcome.
;)

Edited by cetera
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I have a pair of black jeans and a top that hang at the end of the wardrobe that I only wear for gigs. 

I have enough to worry about without having to be searching for something to wear when I should be loading the car. 

I've done that for so long in my established band that I'd forgotten what it was like to discuss what are we wearing to the gig. I found it an odd conversation when I started gigging with one of the new bands. 

On 10/11/2023 at 13:38, police squad said:

Got our debut gig with The Americana Revue   https://www.americanarevue.com/   coming up in 2 weeks, so I went shopping with my wife for some new clobber.

The gig is completely sold out, which we are very proud of.

Anyway, here's the gear

Anyone else buy gear exclusively to wear at gigs

americana.jpg

Looks a good project to be part of. Will try and catch you if you get over my way…

• Like 1