Why become a member? ×

Leaked: Fender Vintera II series...hoooo boy.

BassAgent

2 minutes ago, ped said:

I was about to say that it looked as if the Mustang had been moulded in the proper vintage shape as opposed to the newer reissue shape where there's quite a bit more body behind the bridge but I realise that they've gone with the bigger body again for some reason. It's a particular quirk that nobody else cares about but it annoys me!

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 10.17.51.png

You like what you like, @ped, nowt wrong with that.

That surf green Tele looks the biz!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theyellowcar said:

A bit of both I’d say. Inflation being passed through into the price because a “new” range can bear an increase more readily than an existing product already on the shelf.

That aside, there is a genuine step in quality between the Player series and the ranges above (Player Plus/Vintera/Mexican Signature models) whether it’s worth the price is personal, but they are definitely more premium instruments. 

I have a Mexican Fender FSR 70's Precision that came out around 2018 and the quality is equally as good as any US Fender I've had including the AVII 75 Jazz. It did come as standard with Vintage 62 pickups and vintage tuners and bridge but the finish, playability and build is incredible. I literally walked into Guitar Guitar, saw it hanging up, played it for 5 mins and bought it, it was that good and it only cost £800 new. I still have it now and adore it and it's my main bass for recording and rehearsing.

I'm hoping these new Vintera basses or at least the Telecaster basses are just as good.

fender-bass-guitar-fender-limited-edition-fsr-70s-precision-bass-natural-3861162557501_da588325-0e10-43e9-a291-2ba369d615fa.thumb.jpg.44dc54bbded52e51e6efcc985cf6b282.jpg

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 4

They're Fender's latest foray into the thousand-dollar plus MIM basses. 

Nothing wrong with MIMs, of course, I mean, I wouldn't buy one, certainly not for nearly $1,500, but the Vintera quality is definitely a step up from the Player series beginner basses.

Edited by jd56hawk

14 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

So what do we think the price point of these will be? I think either £1199 or £1299 but I'm hoping £999. A Spanish site has them advertised at €1250 Euro's.

I'd be suprised if they were less than £1200, which would make them more expensive than the US made American Performer range, but then some of the current Mex made signature models are even more than that.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Linus27 said:

I have a Mexican Fender FSR 70's Precision that came out around 2018 and the quality is equally as good as any US Fender I've had including the AVII 75 Jazz. It did come as standard with Vintage 62 pickups and vintage tuners and bridge but the finish, playability and build is incredible. I literally walked into Guitar Guitar, saw it hanging up, played it for 5 mins and bought it, it was that good and it only cost £800 new. I still have it now and adore it and it's my main bass for recording and rehearsing.

I'm hoping these new Vintera basses or at least the Telecaster basses are just as good.

fender-bass-guitar-fender-limited-edition-fsr-70s-precision-bass-natural-3861162557501_da588325-0e10-43e9-a291-2ba369d615fa.thumb.jpg.44dc54bbded52e51e6efcc985cf6b282.jpg

I wasn’t playing bass back when this bass came out. This is exactly the bass I’m after. Ash body maple neck. Near impossible to find. 

I was gonna ask if you don’t play it I would take it off your hands. I then read it’s your main bass lmao 

you lucky bugger lool 

Edited by soulstar89

1 hour ago, soulstar89 said:

I wasn’t playing bass back when this bass came out. This is exactly the bass I’m after. Ash body maple neck. Near impossible to find. 

I was gonna ask if you don’t play it I would take it off your hands. I then read it’s your main bass lmao 

you lucky bugger lool 

It was one of my dream basses as well when I was starting out on bass after seeing Sting play a fretless version. Even if I hadn't, the Ash body, maple neck, black pick guard with 70's look is one of my favourites. However, I also have a fretless neck for it so I have my replica Sting bass and even though I don't gig with it, it's the best sounding bass for recording and used every Tuesday at rehearsals. If I ever see one for sale then I'll let you know 👍

Here it is with my other basses.

image0(9).thumb.jpeg.4e2b48976063dc954661e1addb9fd217.jpeg

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

It was one of my dream basses as well when I was starting out on bass after seeing Sting play a fretless version. Even if I hadn't, the Ash body, maple neck, black pick guard with 70's look is one of my favourites. However, I also have a fretless neck for it so I have my replica Sting bass and even though I don't gig with it, it's the best sounding bass for recording and used every Tuesday at rehearsals. If I ever see one for sale then I'll let you know 👍

Here it is with my other basses.

image0(9).thumb.jpeg.4e2b48976063dc954661e1addb9fd217.jpeg

Wow!!!!!

what a collection. I only knew sting playing a 51 p. Lots of learning to do lol 

i love the look also. I’m a massive fan of paul Jackson. During his time with herbie Hancock he used a fender p ash body maple neck for live shows. The colour was mocha. 

I actually went i to town and played a 1978 mocha p bass. It was AMAZING but it was 3.5k🙈

I love the sound of ash body with a maple neck. Suits my finger funk style. 

I admire your collection. If you do see any please do pm me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cato said:

I'd be suprised if they were less than £1200, which would make them more expensive than the US made American Performer range, but then some of the current Mex made signature models are even more than that.

Its a safe assumption that the US ones will be getting a price hike, I should think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

'Made in Mexico' no longer indicates an inferior instrument.

Agreed; I bought my first Player to learn on with the intention of upgrading to a US model when I felt my playing merited that.  When the Player arrived it was so good I instantly canned that idea, and I now have no plans to bother buying a "better" Precision, as the Player Precision does such a good job.

I do still want that seventies Telebass though....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

'Made in Mexico' no longer indicates an inferior instrument. My JMJ Mustangs are my all time favourite basses, and my recently acquired FSR 70s vintera hardtail stratocaster is absolutely faultess.

Agree, I don’t notice anything inferior when playing my JMJ Mustangs and I’ve always been a US Fender fanboi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulstar89 said:

Wow!!!!!

what a collection. I only knew sting playing a 51 p. Lots of learning to do lol 

i love the look also. I’m a massive fan of paul Jackson. During his time with herbie Hancock he used a fender p ash body maple neck for live shows. The colour was mocha. 

I actually went i to town and played a 1978 mocha p bass. It was AMAZING but it was 3.5k🙈

I love the sound of ash body with a maple neck. Suits my finger funk style. 

I admire your collection. If you do see any please do pm me. 

Thank you very much and I agree, an Ash body and Maple neck sounds amazing. I really should have a fretted bass in my collection (you can never have enough fretless basses though) and I think this new Telecaster bass will do just nicely 😁

• Like 1

RSD Removed form Headstock!

Roasted Maple Necks are now STANDARD

MetroLine String Retainer

Easy Access Backplate

PJ Pickups with Single Coil Bridge - J-Pickup are as featured in the MetroLine Will Lee models!

JJ Pickups with Single Coil Pickups - J-Pickups are as featured in the MetroLine Will Lee models!

Copper Shielded Control Cavity

Ball End Frets - Frets have rounded ends!

17 minutes ago, signals55 said:

RSD Removed form Headstock!

Roasted Maple Necks are now STANDARD

MetroLine String Retainer

Easy Access Backplate

PJ Pickups with Single Coil Bridge - J-Pickup are as featured in the MetroLine Will Lee models!

JJ Pickups with Single Coil Pickups - J-Pickups are as featured in the MetroLine Will Lee models!

Copper Shielded Control Cavity

Ball End Frets - Frets have rounded ends!

Eh?