Why become a member? ×

Is Nikki Sixx playing Sadowsky now?

lidl e

11 hours ago, lidl e said:

That's a sadowsky, right?

Ive never seen him with a fender type bass.

Screenshot_20230709_104133_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ba84457f7aa79bbc98347a8e3eddc938.jpg

When you said you had never seen him with a Fender type bass it reminded me of the Dont go away mad video from Dr Feelgood album and he is using a Fender P (is it 51?) with the Telecaster headstock.  I have not seen the video since the 90s so I actually had to check it out to see if I remembered it correctly.  I have not heard that song in years but there is some tasty melodic playing there I have to say.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bassbora said:

When you said you had never seen him with a Fender type bass it reminded me of the Dont go away mad video from Dr Feelgood album and he is using a Fender P (is it 51?) with the Telecaster headstock.  I have not seen the video since the 90s so I actually had to check it out to see if I remembered it correctly.  I have not heard that song in years but there is some tasty melodic playing there I have to say.

It was Don’t Go Away Mad that he used this Schecter on when I saw them last week. Maybe they were trying to prove a point but the cameras zoomed in on his fretboard on the melodic bits and he was certainly playing the right notes. 

• Like 2

On 09/07/2023 at 23:38, Clarky said:

Schecter 

Aye, first thing I do is when i pick up a nikki Sixx signature model is slap with it. honestly does my nut in. Slap probably makes up 1% of all bass playing but yet reviews like this are all about the reviewer showing off their slap chops.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Elfrasho said:

Aye, first thing I do is when i pick up a nikki Sixx signature model is slap with it. honestly does my nut in. Slap probably makes up 1% of all bass playing but yet reviews like this are all about the reviewer showing off their slap chops.

Aren't all bass reviews like this?

6 hours ago, bartelby said:

So you get given a signature model and you scrub the manufacturer's logo from the headstock.
If I was Schecter, I'd be rather miffed.

He used to wrap them in tape to create "unique" basses for shows then sells them after for thousands to someone who gets a VIP backstage pass and the stage used instrument. Have to admit it's a bit of a weird "signature" for someone I'd associate with Thunderbird type shapes.  

• Like 1

On 11/07/2023 at 19:34, Elfrasho said:

Slap tone on my Epiphone Sixx Blackbird is pretty good.

It was not, however,  the first thing I tried..

On all seriousness, I've just listened to Dr Feelgood vinyl I bought the year it was released. Some crackling , but it sounds unbelievably good. Saw them live in 91 during Monsters of Rock opening for Metallica and AC/DC.