Why become a member? ×

Jet Guitars Jazz Bass

BassApprentice

I've seen these Jet Guitars in my local store (Merchant City Music) for a good while. Premium-Budget level strat and Tele copies with lovely looking roasted maple necks. Seem to get solid reviews as most of these £300ish super copies do these days, but they didnt do basses...until now.

I know we don't really need another jazz bass on the market, but this gold does look ace 

image.thumb.png.be3577d71085ba817549579efc37cd1a.png

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

I know we don't really need another jazz bass on the market, but this gold does look ace 

That Jet looks a lot like a Harley Benton 25th anniversary Firemist but they've changed the peghead slightly, sharpened the horns a wee bit then omitted the gigbag while adding £100 to the price.

HB25th.thumb.jpg.7104d5181b11ca2158c910700534023b.jpg

You're right we don't need another jazz bass 🤣

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Limited by design specifications, you'd have to think all these cheapish/entry level basses must be coming out of the same handful of facilities in the far East.  This week they'll be making Harley Benton, next week Fazley, the week after something else.

It would be interesting to have owners of these just break them down and see the similarities.  Given the level of secrecy, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if stuff like Limelights were sourced from the same locales.

• Like 1

Much prefer the headstock on these basses to the Sire and HB offerings.  If they are of the same general quality they look like good platforms for a few modest upgrades.

Do any of them offer a 70s pickup spacing?

4 hours ago, Thump said:

Excuse my ignorance here chaps, but what is 70s spacing? Looking at the pic I would assume a wider spacing like 20mm or more?

This refers to pickup positions. 70s spacing has the bridge pickup half an inch closer to the bridge.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I like the look of these, but honestly the pricing is quite a bit above HB offering of similar spec, ime JB-62C for example.. 

I'm interested to see if they are worth double a Harley Benton JB-62 or 50% more than the 35th anniversary edition.

These basses retail around £350 give or take.

Anyone took the plunge and bought one?

4 hours ago, Bobo_08 said:

I like the look of these, but honestly the pricing is quite a bit above HB offering of similar spec, ime JB-62C for example.. 

I'm interested to see if they are worth double a Harley Benton JB-62 or 50% more than the 35th anniversary edition.

These basses retail around £350 give or take.

Anyone took the plunge and bought one?

After the expense of an incoming Italian greyhound im going to drop some coin on one.  Funnily enough I played one within the last week. It was the Sunburst one. I was really impressed ive got to be honest. Being a jazz bass fan and owned a Suhr,Sei, Modulus, Fender CS, MIJ Fender Jazz,  it really was impressive. I would take one of the JJB300s over any Squier CV 70's Jazz bass. Just the feel of it for a start. Not a fan of the gloss necks on Squier jazz basses..  The neck was just amazing as roasted maple does feel. The pickups were powerful single coils. The frets were really great..   The only thing I might change is the pickups for some Aguilar 60's single coils... but those pickups were my choice for the Suhr....Stock sounded just like a 70's Jazz. A very comfortable 70's Jazz with a smaller Sadowsky(ish) body.. There is nothing not to like about these basses. imo. Kennys music are selling these for £299. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

After the expense of an incoming Italian greyhound im going to drop some coin on one.  Funnily enough I played one within the last week. It was the Sunburst one. I was really impressed ive got to be honest. Being a jazz bass fan and owned a Suhr,Sei, Modulus, Fender CS, MIJ Fender Jazz,  it really was impressive. I would take one of the JJB300s over any Squier CV 70's Jazz bass. Just the feel of it for a start. Not a fan of the gloss necks on Squier jazz basses..  The neck was just amazing as roasted maple does feel. The pickups were powerful single coils. The frets were really great..   The only thing I might change is the pickups for some Aguilar 60's single coils... but those pickups were my choice for the Suhr....Stock sounded just like a 70's Jazz. A very comfortable 70's Jazz with a smaller Sadowsky(ish) body.. There is nothing not to like about these basses. imo. Kennys music are selling these for £299. 

Anyone else notice the upside down Ricky style body on the bass in the background ;) 😛 

John 😎 

I have a few Jet guitars.. both were very nice from the factory.  There was a little fret sprout on one guitar but I almost always expect to do a little fret work on any guitar, especially anything under 1K.  The come with lots of nice features for the price compared to some of the big names, so I would expect their bass guitars to provide that same bang for buck.

• Like 1