Why become a member? ×

Is BC a community, or just a source of information?

Rayman

I’m a fairly new arrival to BC around 3 or 4 years and joined to get advice and tips but stayed for the banter, interesting topics and feeling of community. 

It’s also a great place to get the urge to try new stuff !!! 

• Like 3

As one that can get a little nerdy about gear I have been on various forums for quite a while , but I came here looking for insight into gear that is not readily available here in Canada. 
Despite living on another continent I do appreciate the community. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msb said:

As one that can get a little nerdy about gear I have been on various forums for quite a while , but I came here looking for insight into gear that is not readily available here in Canada. 
Despite living on another continent I do appreciate the community. 

I do sense much sadness in your life, :laugh1:  but we do appreciate you being here and sharing views from another continent. :hi:

Dave

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 08:47, Rich said:

I've been here since the 100-member days of BassWorld. Hell yes it's a community, at least IMO. I've met some really lovely people through this place, and whilst I don't see any on a daily or even weekly basis (more's the pity) it's always lovely getting together with them at the Bashes. 

This is my experience too

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

As much as i enjoy being on BC and i am on here a lot  i find on some occasions when you try to be helpful and offer advice you get met with criticism and sarcasm when there's no call for it. Puts a bit of a damper on the enjoyment.

i've seen a lot of that on TB.

Shame really, puts me off trying to be helpful to others on here.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 02/05/2023 at 12:48, Rich said:

Oh god yes. Very early on, I was publicly boIIocked on TB for apparently breaking their no-politics rule by simply mentioning the two words "Tony Blair" on a thread about celebs who play instruments. I then got a second public spanking for expressing surprise. Suffice it to say I feel no sense of community there at all and visit very infrequently.

“A second public spanking”.  It’s amazing what one can get online nowadays.😜

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

As much as i enjoy being on BC and i am on here a lot  i find on some occasions when you try to be helpful and offer advice you get met with criticism and sarcasm when there's no call for it. Puts a bit of a damper on the enjoyment.

i've seen a lot of that on TB.

Shame really, puts me off trying to be helpful to others on here.

Dave

That’s not BC, that’s just human nature 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Shame really, puts me off trying to be helpful to others on here

I think sometimes it’s down to people not appreciating that you’ve took the time out to help, it’s easy to walk on by but nice to help, I’ve had PM’s thanking me for helping on occasions, which is nice, don’t change what you’re doing Dave 👍

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Simon C said:

“A second public spanking”.  It’s amazing what one can get online nowadays.😜

A spanking? I wasn't so lucky, all I recieved was a jolly good sneering. A bit like walking on stage as a pantomine villain.  It gave me a new found appreciation for the word. So I'm grateful for that.

• Haha 1