Why become a member? ×

Another new wacky EBMM Joe Dart short scale bass ...

Adee

9 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I think that one has flown straight over my head mate, sorry 🤔

Lobster called out Fender on YouTube for advertising that the pickups in the shorty Gretsch were 'buckers, when, in fact, they were not. This resulted in a change in the description and an offer of compensation for anyone who had bought one (in a particular time frame). Lobster may be a bit whacky at times, but he has proved himself to be a champion of the consumer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Lobster called out Fender on YouTube for advertising that the pickups in the shorty Gretsch were 'buckers, when, in fact, they were not. This resulted in a change in the description and an offer of compensation for anyone who had bought one (in a particular time frame). Lobster may be a bit whacky at times, but he has proved himself to be a champion of the consumer.

I personally hate the You Tuber stuff, and I can entirely do without the enforced wackiness, but this was investigative journalism and he deserves the plaudits he got for that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezbass said:

Yes, he can be whacky at times, his claw shtick is a bit lame, and his fashion "taste" is, well, questionable to say it politely. However, I do like his reviews as they are proper "reviews" (he is not getting paid for them and he sometimes does rate basses lowly, just check out his videos on the Fender Gold Foil Jazz Bass (no claws out of 5) and the G&L Placentia JB (1 claw out of 5)) and not, more or less, concealed gear demos like what we get from most of these YT clowns ("Hey, I got this amazing (insert any random bass/pedal/amp of the week) that you have to check out. It's awesome, the best ever, you cannot live without it, your life will never be the same again (enter any other effxxx hyperbole)!") 😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

As the 3/1 headstock arrangement is trade marked, that won’t be available for long 😉😂

Maruszczyk have been using the 3 over 1 for absolutely ages. Perhaps it’s different enough for EB to be unable let the legal dogs off the leash.

On 30/03/2023 at 16:26, Beedster said:

Watch the vid :) 

I have just watched the whole thing, and suffered through Lobster's squeaky DI sound... it is a real bass though isn't it? Apart from the knob comedy at the start of course. Unless there's something else I'm missing!

I'm being a bit unfair to Lobster. He's one of the fairest bass reviewers on Youtube.