Why become a member? ×

Fender (or any manufacturer) alternative model naming

oldslapper

The Fender Precision 2050 Reissue series: Our Custom Shop, left to their own devices due to everything being done by CNC, developed a time machine, and went 27 years into the future only to discover that the basses we'll be making then are, yes you guessed it, exactly the same as those we're making now albeit with more and more desperate series names. So, we proudly present the Fender 2050 Reissue Precision, which was itself a reissue of our 2023 Precision, albeit at a 1000% markup that we have of course had to pass on to you, our devoted customers' 

The Fender 2050 Reissue Precision Series

image.thumb.png.194ddd988a3cbf5d0eff40f14f1dfefe.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Beedster said:

eBay misspellings provide some interesting Fender model names, the Fender Percission, Percussion, and Prescription Basses being all time favourites (although the last has some medical merit of course)

Hmm. I wonder if I could go to the doc and blag getting a bass on prescription... 

Honest doctor, it'll have to be a rickenbacker or my tourette's will come straight back again... 

Fender "Insta" Series - an exclusive run of basses with a camera in the headstock which points back at your head and livestreams your playing to all your social channels. Our filters will ensure your bass-face is always an ace-face! Never allow your followers miss a note of your playing again.

Edited by Doctor J
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Hmm. I wonder if I could go to the doc and blag getting a bass on prescription... 

Honest doctor, it'll have to be a rickenbacker or my tourette's will come straight back again... 

After some 'vibrational medicine' are we Sir......?

image.png.1650fd24cfb42e1b8469d33fc13c0fdd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I wonder if a Sadowsky is a cure for depression. Worth a try either way...

• Haha 1

Announcing the new “Fender Bender” model range - 

For the ultimate in that road-worn look, your instrument is lovingly and authentically run over in the Fender Custom shop car park, using an original ‘57 Chevrolet once owned by Elvis himself 😎

• Haha 3

Is your Geddy not ready?

Is your Jaco all whacko?

Does your Joe Dart sound like a slow fart?

Put Jamerson to shamerson with the Fender Youtuber Deluxe Series - add lovers to your covers with Fender's patented Infinitune real-time pitch and time correction software so your covers always sound good, even if you're playing "Bad". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well, we have had Professional, Performer and Player basses from Fender. What we need now is: 

Fender Session: A new chambered ash body designed to give a lightweight and resonant bass, perfect for long SESSIONS where playability and comfort are required; and

Fender Sustain: A environmentally conscious design where all metals and plastics on the instrument are made from recycled materials and a body made from recycled composite wood and a gig bag made entirely from organic hemp. Made in Mexico from parts shipped from China by diesel fuelled container ships.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, asingardenof said:

The Sadowsky I'm Getting Old So Need To Ensure My Name Lives On After My Death Line series

The Sadowsky Covid Put A Big Dent In My Sales So I'll Outsource My Cheapest Range To China And Suspend My Principles To Sell Units Express series

bravo-clap.gif

2 hours ago, meterman said:

There ought to be a Fender Sharpie Series where every bass has a poorly cut Tele-ish headstock and the name and model scrawled on it in marker pen by a chimpanzee.

Oh, hang on, just checked eBay and it already exists. Damn. 

Fender Telecaster: Fender Radiocaster.