Why become a member? ×

What’s this bass then?

JJTee

On 11/03/2023 at 09:19, Hellzero said:

Try to be Abba without the talent and this is what you get... Terrific drumming indeed @Dad3353, I guess some punk drummers must be jealous. 🤪🤘

That said it's indeed a Shergold Modulator (named this way, because you could buy extra modules...) just like the lower half of Mike Rutherford's emblematical instrument.

19634-10192017112009.jpg.1abc23a1d7e242111c142f9b0d651960.jpg

mike came up with the idea for this before double necks were really a thing ... at first shergold thought he was nuts.

• Like 1

Try to be Abba without the talent and this is what you get... Terrific drumming indeed @Dad3353, I guess some punk drummers must be jealous. 🤪🤘

That said it's indeed a Shergold Modulator (named this way, because you could buy extra modules...) just like the lower half of Mike Rutherford's emblematical instrument.

mike came up with the idea for this before double necks were really a thing ... at first shergold thought he was nuts.

1 hour ago, Adey said:

I think you are all mixing this up. It's actually the Modgold Shirleyator....

.... if you assemble it that way at least.....

Or a Goldator Sherlymod if you string it with flatwounds and wire the pick ups so they’re out of phase. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I remember ads for them in Melody Maker (or one of the music papers) when they first came out.. Pig ugly I thought.. 

"The bass you couldn't play, even if you could afford it." (Or something like that - worst ever ad campaign slogan.) 😲

Wow, I never realised that the double neck could be pull apart like that, that has really got me thinking about what I could do with some guitar and bass bitsas i have lying around here 🤔 

• Like 2