Why become a member? ×

NYE gigs! Who's playing and where?

cetera

2 hours ago, Norris said:

First one since covid. The Willow, Thurmaston, Leicester. Tickets are £5 with all proceeds going to LOROS :)

(LOROS is a Leicester-based charity hospice offering care and support to the terminally ill, family and carers)

Great charity Norris. At my age the term Hospice is becoming too familiar.

Blue

13 hours ago, asingardenof said:

Yep, playing at the Mill Valley Brewery Tap in Cleckheaton near Bradford. A 90-minute solid run from 8-9.30 meaning I can be home well in time for midnight dancing and smooches with Mrs Greg!

We don't have no smooches over here.😒😔

Blue

13 hours ago, Muzz said:

I've not been at home for a NYE for about 15 years now, we're playing the same place as last year, and the same place I do a weekly Jam Night hosting gig (I'm playing there tonight, too, with a different band), so it's very much a Usual gig...just more money... 😁

" More money" that's my favorite kind of money.😀

Blue

• Like 2

Nothing on NYE for me this year unfortunately, tho given that I’ve currently got a hacking cough and ghastly lurgy that’s no bad thing.

I may well be playing my acoustic and singing at a surprise birthday party on December 29 tho, lurgy permitting. 

For those who are playing over Christmas and New Year, hope it goes brilliantly!

• Like 3

Yes, at our regular pub venue in Poole. We were booked for somewhere else but they had to close due to redevelopment so we were at a loose end. Our regular venue asked if we were interested as they now had availability (for a crappy fee mind) so it was either thumb twiddling or gigging, so we decided to take it.

As our regular gig, it nearly always goes down well, so we are expecting NYE to be a complete giggle. All the tickets were sold old a week or so ago :)

• Like 1

On 23/12/2022 at 15:11, Len_derby said:

A newly reopened and renovated pub in Alfreton, Derbyshire. 3 x 30 minute sets.

You're in Alfreton (locals pronounce it "offen")?....on NYE?

Crikey you're a brave man!

:biggrin:

(I hope you have a fabulous gig!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

You're in Alfreton (locals pronounce it "offen")?....on NYE?

Crikey you're a brave man!

:biggrin:

(I hope you have a fabulous gig!)

Cheers! Most of us in the band are hard-bitten veterans of the Notts/Derby Badlands. We have a newbie guitarist from rural Leicestershire, it’s going to be a baptism of fire for him 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

Cheers! Most of us in the band are hard-bitten veterans of the Notts/Derby Badlands. We have a newbie guitarist from rural Leicestershire, it’s going to be a baptism of fire for him 😆

Good luck to the Southern softie. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great thread !

Guys, have a great NYE,whether your staying in or gigging. If you are gigging load up early and arrive early if you can.

I hope all of you have engaged crowds and the band locks in tight within the first few bars.

It's the last gig of the year for most of us.

Have a blast and get home safely.

Blue

FB_IMG_1671348111275.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, my covers band Mustang Sally played on 30th at the Rainbow by the Lake near Salisbury, and will be playing NYE at the Two Brewers pub Shaftesbury in Dorset; theme is ‘Vicars and Tarts’ so (cross) dressing-up fun for all!