Why become a member? ×

Bugera Bargain at G4M

stewblack

For £150 it's a real bargain. Sounds good, eay to use and well built, although It does have the slight volume pot crackle but only when sound is coming through, if you aren't playing and turn the dial it's fine.

I certainly prefer it to the GK Legacy, which I sold after a short period of constant fiddling.

Thanks for the heads up @stewblack

Edited by 2elliot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, petecarlton said:

Still, look on the bright side, that's £70 saved all round, thanks to @stewblack😊

Nope, its only £70 saved if you were planning to get one anyway, otherwise it is £150 lost :D

He's cost us all thousands now I would imagine. But then so have I. Maybe we need a GAS Enabler cost thread to keep a tally.

Or maybe, we don't!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, petecarlton said:

OK, that was the referendum at work.  Before it, in 2015, the £ was between €1.28 and €1.44.  Apologies for the inexactitude 😉

I wonder what happened in 2016? Those money markets usually have a good reason for devaluing the. £. Maybe they just didn’t like bassists?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AScheck9 said:

Damn thing sounds straight up awesome. A VERY different sound to my old streamliner- I thought they'd be quite similar but this seems much more responsive and more mid punchy? I like it. 

20221211_124758.jpg

Because its electronic design isn't based on the Streamliner, it's based on the Ampeg PF800.

20221211_142625.thumb.jpg.f14db34a7e697e9be7d1e2b6e3ba080c.jpg

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, goingdownslow said:

I may have been one of the early ones to mention hearing this 'crackle' on the master volume.

I still have it. It has not got any worse. It only does it when adjusting it with a signal into it.

It seems to be more of 'that's the way it works' on this amp, than a dirty pot.

Does anybody not get it?

I don't get it since I've sprayed the pot with switch cleaner. My older tube version got progressively worse and would eventually crackle without a signal going through it when turned. Both quiet now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Tut said:

I don't get it since I've sprayed the pot with switch cleaner. My older tube version got progressively worse and would eventually crackle without a signal going through it when turned. Both quiet now.

I'll  go and give that a go myself while I'm in the mood, I've recently bought a can of Deoxit.

Did the pot have any access holes to spray into, a lot seem to be completely sealed now?

18 minutes ago, goingdownslow said:

I may have been one of the early ones to mention hearing this 'crackle' on the master volume.

I still have it. It has not got any worse. It only does it when adjusting it with a signal into it.

It seems to be more of 'that's the way it works' on this amp, than a dirty pot.

Does anybody not get it?

It might've been a batch of sub-standard pots (I won't call them faulty) that need some extra TLC to correct the scratchiness. No biggie as long as the correct substance and procedure are used.

When low cost is a primary design parameter these things can happen; just as long as safety is never compromised.

9 minutes ago, goingdownslow said:

Hmm, where do I spray?

If1893566884_BV1000MMasterVolume.thumb.jpg.feb37442614189583c8c0174ceb948b2.jpg

If I were to release those those two latches would the pcb come away with the exposed pot on it?

I’m no expert so please do it at your own risk!! On the cylindrical bit between the pcb and the front panel there’s some holes, I pushed the tube from the spray onto these, gave a squirt and gave it a few twists. Made sure it was unplugged first. Please someone chime in if this isn’t safe!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King Tut said:

I’m no expert so please do it at your own risk!! On the cylindrical bit between the pcb and the front panel there’s some holes, I pushed the tube from the spray onto these, gave a squirt and gave it a few twists. Made sure it was unplugged first. Please someone chime in if this isn’t safe!

Just brought my can of Deoxit in from the garage and waiting for it to reach room temperature. I'll report back later.

2 minutes ago, goingdownslow said:

Just brought my can of Deoxit in from the garage and waiting for it to reach room temperature. I'll report back later.

When you put the top back on, note that two of the screws are different from the rest. The two that AREN’T self tappers go in near the handle

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Tut said:

When you put the top back on, note that two of the screws are different from the rest. The two that AREN’T self tappers go in near the handle

Thanks for that. I thought something was different when taking them out but didn't mentally note it. I would have bugerad them had you not mentioned it.

• Like 1