Why become a member? ×

This may be my favourite one yet from you know who

ead

5 hours ago, Jack said:

So the original is a little over half the price, looks better and has the advantage of being made by robots? Seems like he's ruined at least one perfectly good bass to make that monstrosity.

Yeah, that's pretty much it! Oh and you get a free practice amp with the cheaper one.

What I like is that, unfettered by convention, he's put 75% of the tuners pointing down (for some values of "down") instead of the far more boring up. The long heel gives additional strength while the short unmatched neck pocket keeps flexibility for pickup positioning.  And the bridge is so obviously a product of thinking outside the box, or, indeed, the body. And Steve Wishnevsky will be envious of those skills that meant his tools only slipped a couple of times.

Weird things are afoot, I think the universe has a deep desire for me to own this bass. Just had a seller offer of £239 (should really stop clicking on the listing) and funnily enough I also have the CYBER10 code which makes this bass £234.90.

Another thing - why does his ParcelForce48 service cost £18.50 when you can send a full size/weight bass box using that service for £8 drop off or £9.35 collected?

3 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Weird things are afoot, I think the universe has a deep desire for me to own this bass. Just had a seller offer of £239 (should really stop clicking on the listing) and funnily enough I also have the CYBER10 code which makes this bass £234.90.

Another thing - why does his ParcelForce48 service cost £18.50 when you can send a full size/weight bass box using that service for £8 drop off or £9.35 collected?

He's twigged that sometimes if you sell something too cheap people think it is cheap so if you put £200 markup on a bass you bought for £25 and charge £18.50 for something that costs £8.00 it garners a sense of prestige. I call it the Harrods effect....!

5 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

We'll look forward to your review!

• Sad 1

On 25/11/2022 at 08:29, NikNik said:

Absolutely no side contact in the nut for that E string. In fact, it looks like its floating!

Also, what does this mean?

'....I changed it a bit and joined all the earth returns a bit differently.'

Screenshot 2022-11-25 082508.png

That’s probably the secret to getting ‘that tone’ everyone was asking for?

On 21/11/2022 at 15:01, Mykesbass said:

The most amazing thing is 1900+ feedback, 100% positive 🤨

that has had me perplexed before, the only thing I can think of is, that anybody who buys one of his creations hasn't a clue what they're doing, therefore doesn't realise they've been done, either that or he really is a master Luthier, make your own minds up 😃

11 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

that has had me perplexed before, the only thing I can think of is, that anybody who buys one of his creations hasn't a clue what they're doing, therefore doesn't realise they've been done, either that or he really is a master Luthier, make your own minds up 😃

Most of his feedback is from buying, there's only 4 from selling guitars this year. I think a lot of his customers (especially the 7/8/12 string conversions) are older beginners who are happy with the price they paid as they think they're getting something that will cater for the initial clumsiness that comes with learning, which to a point they might be. IIRC there was one of his creations for sale on Crack Converters posted on here a while ago which was struggling to sell at something like £60 so I guess when the buyers decide they'd like to move the instrument on they might be less impressed with what its true value is.

That's part of the reason I don't like the car salesman vibe about his listings really, they rely on people not knowing much about guitars and unknowingly taking a future financial hit.