Why become a member? ×

Moon MBC-6 6 string bass custom order 【Stolen But found in Cash Generator Leicester now】
£1350
Cardiff

ymdtzx

I also did myself a f2f exchange with Bank transfer. 

My recommendation is to ask ALWAYS for an immediate transfer, do not trust anything else. 

So either Revolut, PayPal or Instant Bank Transfer. 

Then check your account and check that you have the money, then give them the bass. 

So sorry for what it happened 🤧

• Like 2

On 15/11/2022 at 02:41, ymdtzx said:

I'm sorry, I'm an international student so it's also possible that my understanding of "Check" is wrong, I thought you just wanted to look at the bass and then see if you were interested. if I understand correctly now, should the correct meaning of "Check" be "Hold"? It's my own fault anyway.

Nothing wrong with going for a sale, regardless of arrangements made for others to 'check' out the bass, which is an expression of interest without commitment to buy. To you, this appeared ligit and I am really sorry it has happened to you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

Nothing wrong with going for a sale, regardless of arrangements made for others to 'check' out the bass, which is an expression of interest without commitment to buy. To you, this appeared ligit and I am really sorry it has happened to you. 

Absolutely. I am not quite sure of the meaning of "cheeky quick sale". If there is no commitment to buy then there is no obligation on the seller, save to inform the other party to spare them a wasted journey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Absolutely. I am not quite sure of the meaning of "cheeky quick sale". If there is no commitment to buy then there is no obligation on the seller, save to inform the other party to spare them a wasted journey.

It means the guy's a complete bastard for trying to sell it before I could make it over there.

Really though, it's just an expression. Do you really have nothing better to do than pick over the bones of a reply and get miffed.

27 minutes ago, roceci said:

It means the guy's a complete bastard for trying to sell it before I could make it over there.

Really though, it's just an expression. Do you really have nothing better to do than pick over the bones of a reply and get miffed.

Doesn't look like it, does it?

• Like 3

On 16/11/2022 at 18:49, woolf said:

Sorry to hear this happened - disgusting behaviour. 

I live in Cardiff so will keep an eye out for you. I would check Cash Converters on Cowbridge Road East and ‘Deals’ on City Road.

I have no idea how pawn shops do their research but hopefully like many of us they would turn to google. If so, a quick search for Moon 6 string bass brings up this thread on the first page of the google results.

Let’s hope the toad walks into a decent shop and they nab him!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Start checking the For Sale listings on Talkbass.

Is there anyone who uses Talkbass that could post a warning that a blue 6 string Moon bass has been stolen?  Maybe a link to the ad here to see the photos for ID?.  Might mop up other eyes and ears beyond Basschat to help catch the crooks if/when they try and sell it.

I've not familiar with the site or I'd do it.

Edited by basscki

20 hours ago, MungoBass said:

I have no idea how pawn shops do their research but hopefully like many of us they would turn to google. If so, a quick search for Moon 6 string bass brings up this thread on the first page of the google results.

Let’s hope the toad walks into a decent shop and they nab him!

If I may share my experience - which is limited to a single stolen bass. No research was done whatsoever. 

In this instance, I visited the local Cash Generator as soon as I'd noticed the bass was missing - which was shortly before shops closed due to Covid. I gave them details of the bass then - assured me they'd keep an eye open. I followed up with a message via Facebook messenger, with the serial number and photos - which was acknowledged and they again assured me they'd be on the lookout.

I've also spread the message far and wide - here, Facebook, guitar shops etc.

Fast forward to when the shops re-open... I receive a message from a good Samaritan, saying that his interest was peaked by a Gumtree ad for a Fender Jazz at a bargain basement price (£180!). He suspected it may be hot, so googled the serial number from the pics and found me. It turns out the ad was placed by a different branch of Cash Generator - and they'd just sold it! I did manage to get it back thankfully.

It turns out my local branch bought the bass - and very quickly transferred it to the other branch. The reason given to the police, wasn't that they knew it was hot - just that they thought it would sell better in the other branch.

My wife's spoke to the selling branch (before discovering it wasn't them who bought it) - she suggested that they'd have found out very quickly if it was stolen by just googling the serial number. That's not part of their process apparently.

Apologies for the slight thread hijacking - I do truly hope you get this back, and hope the uniqueness of the bass works in your favour.

George

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ymdtzx changed the title to Moon MBC-6 6 string bass custom order 【Stolen from Facebook Marketplace】
  • 2 months later...
On 21/01/2023 at 15:06, binky_bass said:

@ymdtzx - is this now a resolved issue? Did you get the bass back or your money back? 

Unfortunately not, although we had very strong evidence but the police did not take any action and closed my case last month...We were disappointed in the competence and attitude of the police...

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, ymdtzx said:

Unfortunately not, although we had very strong evidence but the police did not take any action and closed my case last month...We were disappointed in the competence and attitude of the police...

Wow that’s really terrible, where is the justice!? 

21 minutes ago, spacecowboy said:

Wow that’s really terrible, where is the justice!? 

The officer in charge of my case even told me to check the bank account again carefully to see if I had missed the money being transferred in (After 3 months from the time I was scammed). Their attitude really shocked me😥

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Well spotted sir! I wonder if it went straight to them from the ‘toads’ or passed through a few hands first?

• Like 1

It's still yours, obviously.  Contact the shop and tell them it is your bass, it was stolen in November, and you are going to let the police know they have it.  Having done that they cannot sell it because if they do they will be committing the crime of handling stolen goods 'knowing or believing it to be stolen'.  Tell the police who you reported it with a let them get on with it.  Won't be quick.

• Like 7