Why become a member? ×

Moon MBC-6 6 string bass custom order 【Stolen But found in Cash Generator Leicester now】
£1350
Cardiff

ymdtzx

This is a Moon that I bought directly from Japan and according to the seller it is a custom order, I did some research myself and I think it is correct as it is rare to see a MBC-6 with a neck though in this colour. The blue colour looks different in the presence and absence of sunlight, when there is not enough light it looks more like dark blue.

Mahogany body core, Flame maple top and back

Wenge and maple neck, ebony fretboard

The pickup is Bartolini with XTCT+MCT375 preamp

String spacing is 17mm

Weight is close to 5kg or just 5kg.

The crack in the neck area should only on the finish and not reach the wood, it does not affect the playing and sound.

The action right now is very low, the truss rod I tried still turns easily, but I didn't make any major adjustments because I don't know how to set a bass...

Audio or video recording is available, if interested please pm me directly

The reason for selling is that I find the 6-string still not manageable for me...

The current price for a brand new custom one seems to be around £3600 WITHOUT shipping and VAT, I think this is a great opportunity if you are interested in the moon flagship model

The price is 1350+shipping

Now available part trade with apollo solo or twin USB version

Scam Warning!!!

My Moon bass was just stolen from Facebook marketplace today

A man meet me and used a fake AIB bank app to transfer money to me and I let him take the bass.

I'm not sure what needs to be done with a post, but let's just want to make a warning

179e41f65927296d4dcaa56155bb195.thumb.jpg.48545dd4e89d795a9c9d984db6672c73.jpgef6a88ae94aebcdb563f0fa481a598b.thumb.jpg.e351226c036dfe18ae3008024e895e94.jpg97a3570ca955eb37513db444e5a41db.thumb.jpg.45e5bacaa73a6d1172f66368bda65189.jpgbe3cd2af98a3b2f6e5e1bf0eb67f065.thumb.jpg.fa13e713cebf2b341f105629258ea692.jpg

dd835fd610c700e9492d28d568fef67.thumb.jpg.bdf55b29b8fae46350f7aae50675383b.jpg00fb49bfeea2d27200c4039b9e904e3.thumb.jpg.927e4c8b11001e98a3800f969f3e3eb7.jpg0b6d7ae262b88b778fbe9e0ecb8bb5d.thumb.jpg.f30d835520b8ffb32325c782ccb4489d.jpg5a0a9f4840dfb6aaaab851a1e1aed62.thumb.jpg.cb8dd4d7235c7680fd287a782dddec6f.jpg36fd5214538e0b53cf4a32b3989d283.thumb.jpg.fc46bdf3b810a37f4572716166f20f45.jpg0191e62eb34ed4f4657ccbe7ccd32e4.thumb.jpg.586049c087687904601786180d962c01.jpg3026540eb8e1328806327d54cac26ab.thumb.jpg.fc52774df7aaac64523fc70c1819de47.jpg

b115db4aa77c59d1117e3cee5abf60d.jpg

Edited by ymdtzx
  • Like 8
  • Sad 5

• ymdtzx changed the title to Moon MBC-6 custom order 【Stolen from Facebook Marketplace】
On 11/11/2022 at 14:18, roceci said:

PM'd mate 😃

Not me I hasten to add!

Was due to check the bass out this Weds by arrangement but the seller went for a cheeky quick sale in the meantime. Always best to deal with Basschat people, next to no chance of getting ripped off.

Hope you get your cash back somehow and that something fitting happens to the tosser who rolled you 👍

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I'm an international student so it's also possible that my understanding of "Check" is wrong, I thought you just wanted to look at the bass and then see if you were interested. if I understand correctly now, should the correct meaning of "Check" be "Hold"? It's my own fault anyway.

3 hours ago, roceci said:

Not me I hasten to add!

Was due to check the bass out this Weds by arrangement but the seller went for a cheeky quick sale in the meantime. Always best to deal with Basschat people, next to no chance of getting ripped off.

Hope you get your cash back somehow and that something fitting happens to the tosser who rolled you 👍

The transaction history in that screenshot of the AIB app looks dodgy as feck. If that really was an “initial deposit” a couple of weeks ago then the “account” is very new - warning bell #1. Then, the following transactions don’t add up to the balance shown - #2. The few large transactions that follow don’t look like typical current account usage; you’d expect to see something like “Tesco £57.31” or Costa Coffee £8.95 etc. #3.

Sorry you’ve been ripped-off.  Did the bloke look like his avatar in the text message? If so, the police know what he looks like. Might be an idea to report to the local press like the example in the link above. They could publish his picture as a warning to others in the area. 

@ymdtzx - did you actually see the money in your account? Or did they just show you their app that made it look like they had sent it? The AIB frauds I've read about all suggest that the money doesn't ever go into the victims account, instead they take the word of the fraudsters that it has left their account based on a fake bank app. 

• Like 1

@ymdtzx If someone spots this for sale would it be best if they sent you a PM?  Have you made the police aware of the theft and if so would they help you recover it?  Its quite a distinctive instrument, there aren't many Moon basses around, and there isn't a massive market for 6 string basses (well beyond my limited needs and capabilities).  As mentioned above there is a chance someone on this forum might see it up for sale and I'd like to think the law might catch up with the crooks some time.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, binky_bass said:

@ymdtzx - did you actually see the money in your account? Or did they just show you their app that made it look like they had sent it? The AIB frauds I've read about all suggest that the money doesn't ever go into the victims account, instead they take the word of the fraudsters that it has left their account based on a fake bank app. 

I didn't see the money arrive in the account and I believe he did more because I had no problems with a number of gentlemen in previous face to face dealings and I didn't expect anyone to scam on a six-string bass like this....

1 hour ago, basscki said:

@ymdtzx If someone spots this for sale would it be best if they sent you a PM?  Have you made the police aware of the theft and if so would they help you recover it?  Its quite a distinctive instrument, there aren't many Moon basses around, and there isn't a massive market for 6 string basses (well beyond my limited needs and capabilities).  As mentioned above there is a chance someone on this forum might see it up for sale and I'd like to think the law might catch up with the crooks some time.

I would be very grateful if you could give me a pm, and I think six-string moon like this are very rare in the UK, considering that most Moon mbc are generally with an uncoloured wood top....

I think he's more likely to sell to a pawn shop.

On 15/11/2022 at 02:41, ymdtzx said:

I'm an international student

I'm really frustrated and saddened that you've come to our country and had an experience like this. 

It's not clear in the thread but have you reported it to the police? If the bass ever appears again you will need the case number they give to you. If you know this already I apologise. 

7 hours ago, woolf said:

Sorry to hear this happened - disgusting behaviour. 

I live in Cardiff so will keep an eye out for you. I would check Cash Converters on Cowbridge Road East and ‘Deals’ on City Road.

Thank you very much for your help, the officer also mentioned to me that I could bring my case number to the negotiation if I see it in the pawnshop

2 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

I'm really frustrated and saddened that you've come to our country and had an experience like this. 

It's not clear in the thread but have you reported it to the police? If the bass ever appears again you will need the case number they give to you. If you know this already I apologise. 

Yes, I have reported to the police and got the case number.

Although this happened to me, I know it's just a small percentage of the rotten people that come from every country. The deals I've had and the bass tutors I've found on this forum have been very nice gentlemen

• Like 3