Why become a member? ×

Thomann Tease

stewblack

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

I am guessing a jazz with a slightly different body shape?

Could be... I'm always hoping for something different. But it may be just a new colour.

Even if it is, it's a lovely colour.

Edited by stewblack

18 hours ago, stewblack said:

What will it be? How will I get my car through the MOT? 

IMG_20221012_175244.jpg

Someone was selling one of them on Gumtree for about £500. I was shocked and thought it must be a typo. Didn't know Harley Benton calculators could get that high🤣

42 minutes ago, Ralf1e said:

Someone was selling one of them on Gumtree for about £500. I was shocked and thought it must be a typo. Didn't know Harley Benton calculators could get that high🤣

I am filled with loathing for the chancers you see on eBay and Facebook advertising HBs for more than the retail price of a new one.

People try to blame the victims for not doing proper research before they buy, but blaming the victim is shameful.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

I am filled with loathing for the chancers you see on eBay and Facebook advertising HBs for more than the retail price of a new one.

People try to blame the victims for not doing proper research before they buy, but blaming the victim is shameful.

Absolutely agree 100%. I thought it must be something like that when I saw it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I just tried to find it and I may be mistaken. The H B Jazz on Gtree is the same model but a whitish one at £450. Still sounds too much

27 minutes ago, velvetkevorkian said:

Looks like a jazz with exactly the same body shape and a matching headstock...?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_jb_62cc_dr.htm

How the hell did I miss these?

I want the red one and the green one and the pink one - but I still want to see the rest of the new one. Block inlays, different tuners... what will it be?

2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Those new J's do look great green pink and LPB all look pretty tempting. Does anyone know what the deal is with 'caramelised maple'? Is it just regular maple that has been dyed rather than roasted? Or maybe it's been fried?

The only thing I hope is they have sorted the weight issue. The other jazzes already on their list are boat anchors.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stewblack said:

The only thing I hope is they have sorted the weight issue. The other jazzes already on their list are boat anchors.

I had a 75JB deco off them (are deco's still a thing they do?) and it was a lovely bass......that also had the ability to attract black holes into its gravitational pull.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

I had a 75JB deco off them (are deco's still a thing they do?) and it was a lovely bass......that also had the ability to attract black holes into its gravitational pull.

Sorry if this offends but look at Crimson Guitars and see how he  worked out the weight prob for his daughter.

Bored holes in it using common tools we can buy for our drills. Punched it full of holes job done. But then it will neck dive on you.

Shave the neck oops not so easy but that will need to be done as well.

Saw a video yesterday about these compared to a Squier CV and a Mex Jazz. It was quoted as being too thick.

Sound good they all did. Just glad I bought a Squier 70's CV at the weekend not one of the others.