Why become a member? ×

John Taylor Signature Dingwall Combustion

Napalmnun

32 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Which is what I said.

Maybe I should have placed some punctuation in there….

“You’re quite right and I don’t think they’re supposed to be - as per the album cover.”

whoops I thought you were saying “I don’t think they’re supposed to be [wider]”

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dingwall really is the buzzword at the moment isn’t it? Sheldon seems like a top fella, and the basses seem to be really highly regarded? My mate swears by his Combustion…. it replaced his beloved stealth Bongo as his favourite.

Me….. I’d rather have an SB1000, but I’d certainly like to have a go on one of these to see what all the hype is about?

• Like 1

On 02/05/2023 at 18:55, markbunney said:

Saw Duran Duran tonight and John was using the Rio Dream bass. 

It sounded great, and now I wish i had ordered one.

looks like he swapped the pick guard to a white one.

BE6C5985-F9C6-46E3-BD27-ECA8FEA564A8.jpeg

82D36AC7-C888-48DE-A02B-F49BCD64E120.jpeg

84BF84E4-B0D5-4250-B8B5-4EA4D3D27236.jpeg

Ever since I saw these pictures I have been torn on which pick guard I will use!!!! Now I’m almost leaning white 🤔

I’m seeing them in September which feels soooo far away… jury’s out on whether the show or the bass will arrive first 

Edited by krd
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, krd said:

Ever since I saw these pictures I have been torn on which pick guard I will use!!!! Now I’m almost leaning white 🤔

I’m seeing them in September which feels soooo far away… jury’s out on whether the show or the bass will arrive first 

They put on a great show 

I would go if you get the chance.

they played lots of the hits, so even if you are only a casual fan it’s worth it.

production and stage show was great

and failing that, there were at least 3 nice Dingwalls to see & hear

• 6 months later...

Remember these? Now not expected until the New Year [2024] :(

I have to admit, I thought these would have been ready - or nearly ready - to ship soon after deposit time, just after the NAMM show in April. These aren't bespoke, after all.

Was that naive of me? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simisker said:

Remember these? Now not expected until the New Year [2024] :(

I have to admit, I thought these would have been ready - or nearly ready - to ship soon after deposit time, just after the NAMM show in April. These aren't bespoke, after all.

Was that naive of me? 🤷‍♂️

I don't understand how or why this happens with big companies.

I understand smaller builders, effectively testing the water and seeing what interest there is before launching a production run based on pre-orders, but Dingwall knew these would sell like hot cakes, so why not just wait until the first run is ready to go before announcing?

• Like 3

On 03/05/2023 at 10:27, Rayman said:

Dingwall really is the buzzword at the moment isn’t it? Sheldon seems like a top fella, and the basses seem to be really highly regarded? My mate swears by his Combustion…. it replaced his beloved stealth Bongo as his favourite.

I am assuming some combustions are better than others. Having had one, I wouldn't actually buy another dingwall unplayed. Never had a more dissapointing bass. I would be prepared to believe that the canadian ones were better, but once bitten and all..

• Like 2

I think when the Combustion range was around the £1k mark at the start, that was fair.  At the price they are now...nah, that's a lot of money for a mass produced bass built in the same factory in the far east as a lot of others.  

But, on that logic, that's rules out a hell of a lot of the market at the moment.  Prices have just gone insane.  It doesn't seem long ago people used to laugh at the idea of Warwick basses being £3k new, and now £3k only just buys you a Stingray 🙃

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've got a deposit on one of BD's allocation of Rio Dream editions.

Have to admit, the GAS has subsided a fair bit since the excitement of ordering. But, y'know, let's see how I feel when it turns up :D

Edited by simisker
  • Like 2

On 17/01/2024 at 12:30, simisker said:

I've got a deposit on one of BD's allocation of Rio Dream editions.

Have to admit, the GAS has subsided a fair bit since the excitement of ordering. But, y'know, let's see how I feel when it turns up :D

How much did you put down?

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
  • Like 1