Why become a member? ×

Do we play?

Leonard Smalls

Play or not  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we play or not

• Yes
    • no

We've got a gig on Saturday afternoon... We're last on for a thing called Senoritas Who Rock.

However, it looks likely that our guitar player isn't going to be well enough to play... He does lots of widdly lead stuff, plus a number of relatively crucial riffs, but not much rhythm.

So that leaves me on lead bass, R on to rhythm bass plus drums and lead plus background vox.

So the question is, do we play?

No one is likely to know our songs and our rehearsal today was surprisingly successful, but there's something missing that most may spot!

I say play.

Especially as a widdling is probably the easiest bit to loose.

Maybe tweak the two bass sounds a little... bit of extra mids and distortion on the rhythm bass and a bit more top on the lead bass.

If the singer or guest guitarist friend can throw in the occasional power chord then add that to.

Remember to tell the guitarist that it wasn't as good without him of course!

Great explanation here

I’m in Birmingham but I’d be willing to ship it to you if you want to try it and then send it back 

it’s a splitter box with high pass and low pass filters that can be combined. 

Edited by Bunion

47 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I’d be willing to ship it to you if you want to try it and then send it back 

it’s a splitter box with high pass and low pass filters that can be combined. 

That's really kind! However, I have a line 6 helix... Perhaps I'd be able to do very similar just by learning to use it?

I've got 2days...

Hang on, you have two bass players in your band?

A friend and I were only saying yesterday that we could name bands with two guitars, keys, singers, drummers, etc., but had never come across a band with two bassists.  Any clips on YT?

And as everyone else has said - definitely play!

Go for it.

Just make sure to announce at the start of the set that the guitarist has had some sort of really embarrassing 'issue' but you're gonna soldier on as best you can.

Get the audience on your side.

In fact, if you can, have them sing the widdly bits...😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like it's been decided for us...

The poster's been out for quite a few weeks now, on stage times published, even how much we get paid.

But the promoter's just discovered from the venue that drums aren't allowed.The venue manager knew weeks ago that of the 7 acts playing, 2 were actual rock bands, but he's only just told the promoter today. After our van had got halfway there!

So if you're offered a gig at De Koffee Pot, Hereford put your index and 2nd finger into a v shape and move them vigorously up and down on either side of your nose. Then place your left hand inside the crook of your right elbow and bring your right fist to 90 degrees while making a grimace.

That'll show the tw@ts!

• Haha 1