Why become a member? ×

RIP Taylor Hawkins

ubit

6 minutes ago, stu_g said:

Its on paramount + now and you can get free 7 day trial

I don't see it - I get Paramount+ via my Sky box, but it's not obvious. Where are you seeing it?

Also Channel 5 have another hour's edited version on 12.05am Thursday (ie Wednesday night). Might be the same as the MTV 90s show.

44 minutes ago, toneknob said:

I don't see it - I get Paramount+ via my Sky box, but it's not obvious. Where are you seeing it?

Also Channel 5 have another hour's edited version on 12.05am Thursday (ie Wednesday night). Might be the same as the MTV 90s show.

Its on mine under the MTV listings, i only got iparamount to watch it live and couldnt find it on the day and watched it on youtube live via MTV in the end.

The whole thing was on YouTube after the live broadcast, all 6 hours or so of it, in very good quality, I expect there will be a release of an official compilation once they've done the US version next week.

The YT version has gone now, but there are loads of clips of all the performances.

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Anyone know of the whole gig video has popped up anywhere yet?

From what I’d seen, it’s supposed to on Pluto TV as of today, but I can’t find it on there.

Someone mentioned it might be on Paramount+, which I don’t need or want, but I might get for a month if it’s on there. 

I'm surprised that as MTV put it out live on YT that they didn't leave it up.  I suppose indicative of the fact MTV are more if a general (rubbish) entertainment channel now rather than music.  This show was probably the most music they've played in yonks.

2 hours ago, MrSpace said:

Well spotted @cheddatom, thanks 🙂. I have just torrented that as well. Looks like it's all there. Video quality is a bit meh, so I'll try and find it on Paramount+ or something like that - but this is a good fallback in case I can't.

Agreed, it's not as good a quality as broadcast, but you know what - I'll take it! Torrented and now safely stored on a memory stick.

Thanks for posting @cheddatom 🤘

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrSpace said:

Higher resolution version here:

https://archive.org/details/taylor-hawkins-tribute-concert-2022-09-03-wembley-stadium-london-1080p

(larger file size too of course, almost 8GB). Still only 30fps.

That is a MASSIVE improvement over the first link. Thanks for posting it.

I found the first download to be glitchy, especially during the Pretenders set. Just watched the 1080p one and it is perfect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Any of you interwebz guru's know if the USA tribute is online anywhere? I looked at the web site mentioned above and couldn't find it. I don't even know if it was streamed, or if it was, whether it was viewable in the UK.

No mate just snippets. Wasn’t streamed live but I’m sure it’ll come out soon enough. The bits I’ve seen were damn good

• Thanks 1

I've only actively searched for Wolfgang Van Halen's section.  Hot for Teacher and Panama.  Just glorious.

I know Wolf has said he doesn't want to play his dad's stuff, and fair play to him, but the line up of Grohl, Van Halen, Freese and Hawkins could make something very special if they decided to record. Very special.

Edited by NancyJohnson
Spelling mistakes. In my defence, I've been awake since 4.00am.

Here's a link to a lot of footage from America 

If you just want to skip to the awesome Geddy bit Working Man is around 1 hour in. Great sound and it appears to have been filmed by a bass player 😊

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 2