Why become a member? ×

RIP Taylor Hawkins

ubit

From an interview I saw with Dave Grohl on TV it seems he just loves touring/playing, so whilst I could see the Foos as a studio only band in relation to putting out material I wouldn`t think he would be satisfied with that. But whatever happens it has to be what`s right for the the band, and no-one else, if they feel they can`t go on without Taylor then that has to be their call, similarly if they decide they have to keep going for him.

A great drummer who, sadly, I never got to see live.

I remember seeing their Glastonbury show on TV and he was wearing a Regent Sounds t-shirt - my favourite music shop in Denmark Street. Next time I was in there I mentioned it to a staffer who said Taylor always came in when he was in London, bought an acoustic to noodle on in the hotel room, and would then sign it and give it away to a fan. They also described him, like so many have, as the nicest, most unaffected 'star' who had ever been in the store. Their business had improved quite a bit after the Glasto show and yes, they were now always sold out of t-shirts.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I don't mean to beach, especially over something as sad as this, but it would've been nice if they could've found a way to honour the ticket holders for the London gigs that were due in a few weeks. 

I can foresee tickets for these new gigs being rediculous money, especially by the legalised touts, as it will quite possibly/likely be the last time they'll play. 

1 hour ago, Maude said:

I don't mean to beach, especially over something as sad as this, but it would've been nice if they could've found a way to honour the ticket holders for the London gigs that were due in a few weeks. 

I can foresee tickets for these new gigs being rediculous money, especially by the legalised touts, as it will quite possibly/likely be the last time they'll play. 

Didn’t they refund all those who had tickets for the planned UK shows?

13 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

Didn’t they refund all those who had tickets for the planned UK shows?

Yes. So not out of pocket or anything like that. 

Just be nice not to have try and buy tickets again as I reckon it will sell out fast, and then you have to turn to the overinflated, online touts. Maybe a priority system for folks who had ticket refunds from the other shows. 

Logistically, I imagine it would be a nightmare to do. 

A very minor, petty gripe I'll admit. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Maude said:

Yes. So not out of pocket or anything like that. 

Just be nice not to have try and buy tickets again as I reckon it will sell out fast, and then you have to turn to the overinflated, online touts. Maybe a priority system for folks who had ticket refunds from the other shows. 

Logistically, I imagine it would be a nightmare to do. 

A very minor, petty gripe I'll admit. 

That’s actually a really good idea, if you had a ticket for the planned shows that you could get priority for this show. I think the tickets will sell so fast, their normal shows sell out almost immediately, this even more so I would think 

• 2 months later...

Is anyone going to the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert in Wembley Stadium? Great lineup!

Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Brian Johnson, Stewart Copeland, Josh Homme, Liam Gallagher, John Paul Jones, Brian May, Roger Taylor, Krist Novoselic, Nile Rodgers, Chrissie Hynde, Lars Ulrich and a 12 year old girl 🙂    

FbQf4dpWIAMZFA5.thumb.jpg.2875ef8890cfbdd6f374af3cafab7a83.jpg

Edited by Eldon Tyrell
Got venue wrong

44 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Is anyone going to the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert in Hyde Park? Great lineup!

Some musicians, plus Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Brian Johnson, Stewart Copeland, Josh Homme, Liam Gallagher, John Paul Jones, Brian May, Roger Taylor, Krist Novoselic, Nile Rodgers, Chrissie Hynde, and Lars Ulrich and a 12 year old girl 🙂    

Fixed

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Screenshot_20220830-125529_Chrome.jpg.56914438694ef6c1e4511218a4f33892.jpg

Liam Gallagher, Brian May, Krist Novoselic and Stewart Copeland playing Come As You Are, please

If I am being honest, I would actually pay to see Come As You Are performed by Brian Johnson, Geddy Lee, Lars Ulrich and Nile Rodgers.

• Haha 2

I'd love to see Dave Grohl do some more of his smaller projects. Them Crooked Vultures and Probot were extremely good. I really like the albums he played for Killing Joke and QOTSA as well. 

Not sure what would come of the rest of the band. They're all good enough to get jobs in top level bands and rich enough to just retire and buy a fish farm.

• Like 2

Never thought I'd see Nate Wood on stage at Wembley Stadium in a holo-effect catsuit

Quite enjoying the randomness of it so far! Glad they got Liam Gallagher out of the way early doors though.

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 1