Why become a member? ×

Feedback for xilddx

aj5string

[quote name='whizzzy' post='1221459' date='May 5 2011, 07:44 PM']Just bought a Fender bridge of Nigel in what was a smooth and easy transaction. Great communication throughout and would be happy to deal with him again any day. :)

Thanks Nigel[/quote]
It is an absolute pleasure mate, thanks for making it so easy and pleasant :)

Cheers,
N

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1220631' date='May 5 2011, 09:14 AM']just got Nige's SR-16. well packaged and in immaculate condition. top man ![/quote]
Thanks fella :) It was a real pleasure, I hope you make a right racket with it!

Cheers,
N

• 2 months later...

Look at me..last of the big spenders..

Just bought a [b]signed[/b] copy of the new TGU CD from Nige - haven't had a chance to check it out yet but I'm confident it will be as good as "Run Devils and Demons" - the man is good to his word..

cheers Nige..

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1308038' date='Jul 18 2011, 04:21 PM']Look at me..last of the big spenders..

Just bought a [b]signed[/b] copy of the new TGU CD from Nige - haven't had a chance to check it out yet but I'm confident it will be as good as "Run Devils and Demons" - the man is good to his word..

cheers Nige..[/quote]
Thanks Mick, glad I could get it sorted for you!

Run Devils and Demons is a compilation. Moonshout was the last studio album. I hope you enjoy The Stone Turntable. I think it's their best yet, but some of it needs repeated listening, it's a grower!

Thanks again :)

N

• 1 month later...

[i][color="#8B0000"]E-drums are the future ... I shall impose my will on all drummers, everywhere ... they shall [b]ALL[/b] have a volume knob installed ... [cue: Demonic Laughter, plenty of reverb].[/color][/i]

Have just very happily traded a lovely (but surplus) bass for an equally lovely (but urgently required) set of Roland V-Drums.

It's hard to imagine a more civilised way to trade than to sit in Nige's flat, chatting to Mrs. Silddx, and drinking peach-flavoured beer called Morning Glory. Or something like that. I really don't recall ...

A pleasure to deal with, in every respect.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a J. East U Retro unit from Nigel in one of the smoothest transactions I could imagine. He kept me informed the whole time and didn't even bother to wait for the money to clear in his account before sending it off. Top man.

Cheers Nigel!

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1316688926' post='1381405']
I bought a J. East U Retro unit from Nigel in one of the smoothest transactions I could imagine. He kept me informed the whole time and didn't even bother to wait for the money to clear in his account before sending it off. Top man.

Cheers Nigel!
[/quote]

Paul, the pleasure's mine. The money went in this morning actually.

I hope the U-Retro delivers for you, I can't imagine anything less than a huge grin when you first fire her up :)

Thanks so much,
N

• 2 weeks later...

Met up with Nigel a couple of days ago in a splendid Victorian boozer near Oxford Circus to collect the much-travelled Status Vintage PJ. We put the world to rights over a couple of beers and I can't imagine a better way to buy a bass. A perfect transaction - I recommend Nigel to everyone and wish him the best of luck in his search for that dream chrome Warwick.

As for the bass, wow. I've been playing it at home and it's everything I hoped it would be. My only challenge is to stop my son trying to smuggle it out of the house and taking it back to Uni!

Dropped off my beloved Streamer CT to Nigel this weekend. He cashed me way in advance and invited me in for a cuppa. We chatted bass, listened to some tunes, checked out his studio. He even picked me up from the station (at the expense of a flat tyre)

So highly reccomended in my books.

Thanks for the hospitality Nigel!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have just bought the Hohner B2ADB from Nigel.

What a really great chap! I now have :gas: for a shiney Warwick!!!!!!

What better way to spend an afternoon than talking and playing bass and guitar? Well, I'll tell you.... talking and playing with someone who is both knowledgable and easy to get on with!

Nige, if you decide to visit Aylesbury, the kettle is on and the studio awaits :lol:

Thanks again for your hospitality and advice, champion.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't actually buy anything from Nige but he was kind enough to lend me his wonderful Spanish guitar for my band's recording session over the weekend. A top guy ... and it was good - when I picked up the guitar - to see Mrs Silddx (Diane) up and about and with a great sense of humour, despite her awful recent trials and tribulations. Cheers Nige and Diane

• 6 months later...

I have just sold my 83 USA Jazz to Nigel. He came to collect and is an excellent person to deal with. He is friendly, honest and considerate. (Thanks for the wine Nigel, it was a lovely thought and gesture). You can be confident when dealing with Nigel, top man, a real credit to Basschat, really interesting to talk to and a pleasure to spend time with.

[quote name='Pestie' timestamp='1364569715' post='2028316']
I have just sold my 83 USA Jazz to Nigel. He came to collect and is an excellent person to deal with. He is friendly, honest and considerate. (Thanks for the wine Nigel, it was a lovely thought and gesture). You can be confident when dealing with Nigel, top man, a real credit to Basschat, really interesting to talk to and a pleasure to spend time with.
[/quote]

Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you and Sally, I LOVE the Jazz! Thanks so much for the lovely feedback.

Nx

Met up with Nigel today and although it was a very short meeting It was a very pleasant 5mins

There isn't much to add that hasn't already been said, but I would like to say how nice it is to meet a guy like Nigel. Full of energy, smiling and very friendly. It brightened my day up.

Oh, and thanks very much for the gifts. Much appreciated. In fact one is getting appreciated as I type this, the other, well, I can look at it if nothing else lol.

Cheers mate, one of the good guys.

• 1 month later...

Got to say much _much_ thanks to Nigel. He had a lovely shiny bass (literally!) that I really wanted but I just did not have the cash. I knew some people were doing deals with paying in installments and I figured, what the heck, its worth a shot and I shyly asked him if he would consider it (and I expected to get shot down in a flash!). To my surprise he was awesome about it and we worked out something. To make things even more complicated, it was a 3 way deal! But it all worked out amazing in the end and just goes to show that with some of the great people on BC everybody comes out a winner. We met up and he is an absolute great guy. I would not hesitate ever to do business with him again. Thanks again Nigel!!!

[quote name='Tandro' timestamp='1369788289' post='2092830']
Got to say much _much_ thanks to Nigel. He had a lovely shiny bass (literally!) that I really wanted but I just did not have the cash. I knew some people were doing deals with paying in installments and I figured, what the heck, its worth a shot and I shyly asked him if he would consider it (and I expected to get shot down in a flash!). To my surprise he was awesome about it and we worked out something. To make things even more complicated, it was a 3 way deal! But it all worked out amazing in the end and just goes to show that with some of the great people on BC everybody comes out a winner. We met up and he is an absolute great guy. I would not hesitate ever to do business with him again. Thanks again Nigel!!!
[/quote]

My pleasure mate :) Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just sold Nige my Fender SKB Hardcase. We`ve met a few times at gigs and Nige is a great guy. We met at a motorway service station to do the deal, which was halfway between us. He brought his prized `83 Jazz along to make sure that the case would fit and let me have a go on it - very nice indeed. Deal in confidence.

Couldn`t find an existing thread - does this mean Nige has managed to get to 9000+ posts without GAS?

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1374131573' post='2145512']
Just sold Nige my Fender SKB Hardcase. We`ve met a few times at gigs and Nige is a great guy. We met at a motorway service station to do the deal, which was halfway between us. He brought his prized `83 Jazz along to make sure that the case would fit and let me have a go on it - very nice indeed. Deal in confidence.

Couldn`t find an existing thread - does this mean Nige has managed to get to 9000+ posts without GAS?
[/quote]

Thanks mate, I love the case!

Thanks for starting this thread. I do indeed have a feedback thread but its under my old user name silddx

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/45741-feedback-for-silddx/page__hl__silddx"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/45741-feedback-for-silddx/page__hl__silddx[/url]

Thanks again Lozz x