Why become a member? ×

Is this a scam??

Dunk

15 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Don't do it!

You might end up with a subscription to Scott's Bass Lessons. 😱

Looks like a scam.

On the last point, worse things than a subscription to Scott's Bass Lessons!

Edited by Boodang
  • Like 1

I don't understand why people are so worried about supplying name address and phone no. You do it all the time and companies sell your details to others. Its not like you are giving out your bank details.

11 minutes ago, ubit said:

I don't understand why people are so worried about supplying name address and phone no. You do it all the time and companies sell your details to others. Its not like you are giving out your bank details.

That's certainly the case, but I would be a bit miffed to have rewarded the scammers with the information they have tricked out of me. It would seem slightly odd to get this information if it was of no use. The information that is marketed by other businesses is, presumably, correctly used according to any relevant laws.

Couldn't you trigger a PayPal payment with this information as part of another scam)?

Edited by Steve Browning

36 minutes ago, ubit said:

It's death by a thousand cuts. A genuine company won't try and hack your phone these guys might.... do you keep online banking details on your phone?

2 hours ago, ubit said:

This time. Once they've got you on the hook, the reply email, or the one after that, or the one after that, will ask for credit card details.

3 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Only my attempt at humour mate. Scott is a phenomenal player, and a great teacher. Just not to my taste. 

I've enjoyed doing some Scott's course but at the moment the Gwizdala stuff seems more my thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pete.young said:

This time. Once they've got you on the hook, the reply email, or the one after that, or the one after that, will ask for credit card details.

Well you draw the line at card or bank details.