Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

I'll probably just bring a TCE combo and whatever pedal board setup I have at the time. A couple of 5-strings, fretted and fretless, and my 4-string Allen Eden Jazz. I may drag along something else interesting too, will see what feels right!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

I'll be bringing my 'same woods and proportions as a Thumb but, wisely, a different shape' fretless (more conveniently known as the SWAPAATBWADS Fretless) and 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor bass - which may have different electrics or different pickups to last time or maybe the same...who knows!  I certainly don't ;)

An update:

I'll be bringing my 'same woods and proportions as a Thumb but, wisely, a different shape' fretless (more conveniently known as the SWAPAATBWADS Fretless) and 'Kert's' Single Cut Camphor bass - which may have different electrics or different pickups to last time or maybe the same...who knows!  I certainly don't  will have a Seymour Duncan 2-band EQ with Dimarzio PJ pups and - note the unique chance to buy a 'No Treble' Bass of the Week winner - will be For Sale for a mere king's ransom (other royal ransoms considered too)   !  :)

I'd like to come along. Depends on commitments so I'll confirm nearer the time.

Note: I can bring some interesting kit. Manton, Supro (again), Jack Cassidy, and Precision Deluxe, Triad and Surveyor if I still have them. I can't bring em all though so let me know if you fancy playing anything specific. Also some pedals.

I really enjoyed the past ones I managed to make.

Ed

22 minutes ago, Pinball said:

Note: I can bring some interesting kit. Manton, Supro (again), Jack Cassidy, and Precision Deluxe, Triad and Surveyor if I still have them. I can't bring em all though so let me know if you fancy playing anything specific. Also some pedals.

Ed

Ive always wanted to try a Jack Cassidy 😀

• Like 2

Just a word of friendly advice for any new SWBB attendees. Last time I was in attendance I drove down the day before and foolishly ate a large curry the evening before the bash. I had no idea that lunch at the SWBB was a BIG thing, like turn off the amps for an hour serious . I'm not one to use capitals but in this case it is highly appropriate. The food at the Bash is a rare combination, it is delicious and there's tons of it! Due to the previous evening's curry I was rendered unable to eat the amount I wanted to, mind you I think I still managed to finish off an entire tray of roast potatoes, somehow. Mountains of excellent food, great company, a shed load of bass gear, tea and coffee on tap...

In short, it's like you died and woke up in some kind of perfect heaven.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 31/08/2022 at 21:22, Pinball said:

Ed

I'd like a go on the Supro.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 21:22, Pinball said:

Ed

Apologies, I have another commitment.

Was looking forward to it.

Have as great time