Why become a member? ×

Gigging again at last.

obbm

Over a year ago my last band, "Second Time Around", foundered. Some of the former members tried to get a new venture off-the-ground but it had its problems. I had a year off to spend more time with my family.

Out of the ashes has risen a new "Second Time Around" with three of the original members plus a new drummer and cracking young lady singer. Interestingly one of the guitarists is our own "Sixshooter" who also dabbles on the dark side when not spanking his various Precisions in another band.

First gig is this Saturday, 4th April at the Astolat in Guildford. Time to use the Orange/Bergantino for real.

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='451556' date='Apr 1 2009, 02:56 PM']Wouldn't that be 'Third Time Lucky'?[/quote]

Lol, I hoped no-one had used that one yet when I first read the thread! Beat me to it by 4 minutes :)

[quote name='obbm' post='451529' date='Apr 1 2009, 02:26 PM']Over a year ago my last band, "Second Time Around", foundered. Some of the former members tried to get a new venture off-the-ground but it had its problems. I had a year off to spend more time with my family.

Out of the ashes has risen a new "Second Time Around" with three of the original members plus a new drummer and cracking young lady singer. Interestingly one of the guitarists is our own "Sixshooter" who also dabbles on the dark side when not spanking his various Precisions in another band.

First gig is this Saturday, 4th April at the Astolat in Guildford. Time to use the Orange/Bergantino for real.[/quote]

Well done Dave.I look forward to seeing you and Steve when you play again in Knaphill.

So has Jill and her bum parted ways?

That probably sounds a lot ruder than I intended it to, but I'll leave it unedited for now :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='451585' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:23 PM']Well done Dave.I look forward to seeing you and Steve when you play again in Knaphill.

So has Jill and her bum parted ways?

That probably sounds a lot ruder than I intended it to, but I'll leave it unedited for now :)[/quote]

:lol:Gill is still in one piece but has other prioiries in life.

[quote name='obbm' post='451529' date='Apr 1 2009, 02:26 PM']....First gig is this Saturday, 4th April at the Astolat in Guildford. Time to use the Orange/Bergantino for real....[/quote]
Better use the door at the side, unless you fancy the stairs at the front!!!

Good to be playing with you again Dave, thought that the practice in the week went well, lets hope it goes just as well on Sat!

Whatever happens it will be great fun to get out there again with you, Paul, John and the increadable Ali..... (Nick I know you will appreciate Ali's vocal tallent as much as you did Jill's!)

Everyone please come and support Dave, if only to help him carry his Bl##dy great big cabinet, lol

The Dark Sixshooter

Well i can report back that it was a good evening. Countless people told us how much they enjoyed it. The young ladies were singing and dancing. The Landlord liked it and wants us back. We need to work on a couple of numbers but all-in-all it went very well.

Chris_b dropped in to say hello, while we were setting up, on his way to a gig outside Guildford. Nice to meet you Chris.

Next gig is 15th May at the White Hart in Tongham near Aldershot.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='molan' post='452091' date='Apr 2 2009, 12:04 AM']Nice one Dave,

Shame I'm out of the area on Saturday I could have come over to see you - make sure you keep us posted on how you get on & any future gigs :)[/quote]

Next one is Friday, May 15th at The White Hart in Tongham, nr Aldershot, just off the A331 Blackwater Valley Road.