Why become a member? ×

Sale of Basschat.co.uk (April Fools!! :P)

Kiwi

[quote name='steve' post='451016' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:30 AM']I share your concerns.

I was saying to one of my guitarists on sunday eve how us UK (and beyond) bass players have this forum, and as far as I'm aware, other musos don't have anything of anywhere near the same standard, with such a great sense of community and cameraderie. I hope these two qualities survive the transition. I don't know of anywhere else on the web that has such soul.[/quote]
+1......There is nowhere as good as Basschat.

OK people, it's probably time to let some of you off the hook because its midday... ...Basschat is NOT for sale.

It WAS an April Fools joke. :) :rolleyes: :D

Thanks to those of you who spotted it early and refrained from posting.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='451338' date='Apr 1 2009, 11:59 AM']OK people, because its midday, its probably time to let some of you off the hook... ...Basschat is NOT for sale.

It WAS an April Fools joke. :rolleyes: :D ;)

Thanks to those of you who spotted it early and refrained from posting.[/quote]
Looks like BassFerret doesn't get the champers after all :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='451344' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:03 PM']but some of the reactions were revealing perhaps? :)[/quote]

Quite.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone. Relieved it was a joke (and a good one).

We should all hop over to donations now [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1708"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1708[/url]

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='452000' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:20 PM']I got it straight away. But just to prove I'm not omniscient, I thought that the "Alan Shearer returns" story was an April fool too.[/quote]
You mean it isn't??

I logged in as a guest, and the timestamp of Kiwis original message was 11.02 pm on the 31st of March, so there was room for doubt!

Fixing that bug is well overdue IMHO

[quote name='elom' post='451000' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:10 AM'][/quote]

Okay so I guess I was being too subtle. For those who didn't get it, do you just assume that I randomly post pictures of fish? :)

Still at least it didn't burst the bubble for a while.

[quote name='elom' post='452039' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:57 PM']Okay so I guess I was being too subtle. For those who didn't get it, do you just assume that I randomly post pictures of fish? :)

Still at least it didn't burst the bubble for a while.[/quote]

neither did I :rolleyes:

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='451019' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:35 AM']Actually I think that tomorrow, it won't be as bad as it seems.[/quote]

Well if its any consolation to anyone who still doesn't quite see the funny side of it, I was caught out in a major way myself this morning by a close friend. I fell for it mainly because I didn't think they knew about April Fools and served me up my worst nightmare on a plate! :) Just goes to show eh?