Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine

xilddx

Good on Badass for getting some info on when we might see the next issue but in a similar situation to the iBass thread - couldn't they have just sent a quick email to subscribers or put a post on their Facebook page?

Though have found out they have a new editor in Joel McIver (writer of many cracking rock biographies)!

[quote name='Bassmurf' timestamp='1335377574' post='1630235']
Though have found out they have a new editor in Joel McIver (writer of many cracking rock biographies)!
[/quote]

That'll be the third editor in the last twelve months. That might indicate problems.

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1335697647' post='1634631']
That'll be the third editor in the last twelve months. That might indicate problems.
[/quote]

Hey all

Firstly I want to say that I'm just a contributor to BGM and in now way involved in the publishing/editing process - but just so you all know the new publishers look like they are on a much steadier footing than Oyster house and hopefully these guys are in it for the long run.

I too look forward to the next issue - I haven't seen it yet!

Mike

I see Ben Cooper is making way for Joel McIver as editor, that was short lived. Shame I thought Ben had good potential in that role. I see that this month's issue has more mega bucks basses under review. Oh well we can dream I suppose. Good to see Chris Childs in bassically speaking, he's a great player who I've seen with different bands countless times, definitely an influence and worthy of some magazine exposure.

[quote name='Phantomnin' timestamp='1336062768' post='1640386']
[url="http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/read/magazine-titles-saved-in-last-minute-bid/016455"]http://www.mi-pro.co...nute-bid/016455[/url]

My copy hasn't turned up yet. :(
[/quote]

Neither has mine, but I'm living in hope.

Nice surprise when I got home from work. BGM on the mat :lol: . Those Enfield Avenger bases look flippin' horrible. Then ~I noticed the plug for Stanley Clarke at Ronnie Scott's. Always wanted to see him but £80 - £100 for priority seating! Fewkin' 'ell is that normal for Ronnie Scott's?

Through my day job I have known the new owner for years and was actually with him at an event last week. I can assure everyone that they are a serious and credible outfit and will look to really develop the magazine over the coming months.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1336043683' post='1639871']

Hey all

Firstly I want to say that I'm just a contributor to BGM and in now way involved in the publishing/editing process - but just so you all know the new publishers look like they are on a much steadier footing than Oyster house and hopefully these guys are in it for the long run.

I too look forward to the next issue - I haven't seen it yet!

Mike
[/quote]

Just got in (its been a long day) and mine was waiting for me on the mat. So thats good. I notice its the May issue, which means we've lost April. Mine's a gift subscription which started in December. So I hope it will finish in Dec as well so I get the 12 issues my friend has paid for.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1336079954' post='1640732']
Just got in (its been a long day) and mine was waiting for me on the mat. So thats good. I notice its the May issue, which means we've lost April. Mine's a gift subscription which started in December. So I hope it will finish in Dec as well so I get the 12 issues my friend has paid for.
[/quote]

I might be wrong here but the April issue did come out but just really early like halfway through March - I'm pretty sure no issue has been lost - it's just over a month since the Aptil one came out - though I may be mistaken I'm too tired to check right now :)

Re BGM going forward I think / hope there's going to be fresh content etc - hopefully this new set up will be a new start and new era for BGM...

Yep we did get an April issue, it had the bloke from Megadeth on the front cover.

The magazine needs some work and new ideas but give the new guys a chance, you can't turn it all around in one issue it will take more like 5 or 6.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1336087117' post='1640873']

I might be wrong here but the April issue did come out but just really early like halfway through March - I'm pretty sure no issue has been lost - it's just over a month since the Aptil one came out - though I may be mistaken I'm too tired to check right now :)

Re BGM going forward I think / hope there's going to be fresh content etc - hopefully this new set up will be a new start and new era for BGM...
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1336107519' post='1640933']
Yep we did get an April issue, it had the bloke from Megadeth on the front cover.

The magazine needs some work and new ideas but give the new guys a chance, you can't turn it all around in one issue it will take more like 5 or 6.
[/quote]

Oh yes, my mistake. I was mis-counting the months there. Well, lets hope it goes from strength to strength now. :-)

[quote name='Phantomnin' timestamp='1336209718' post='1642455']
.I actually enjoyed the fact there were some mega basses reviewed...
[/quote]

Me too. A magazine full of budget basses would be like watching Top Gear with only sensible, practical cars; useful if you're in the market for one, but not really that entertaining.

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='paulconnolly' timestamp='1336067798' post='1640492']
Those Enfield Avenger bases look flippin' horrible.[/quote]

They are horrific, what is that pickup about (Even spinal tap wouldnt play that!), I thought they'd be some attempt at entry level bass, then saw the price £2650!!!!. BGM said in the review that a negative was the price (Ya think?), but its cheaper than buying a Precision, a Stingray or a Jazz??? What?, I can buy excellent examples of all three of those basses cheaper than the Enfield. I thought the article (And the basses) was an April fools joke, but I'm a month late! :P