Why become a member? ×

Shuker 4 string bolt on Elite. The 'Lady T'

Tinman

[quote name='mikeh' post='83436' date='Nov 4 2007, 11:04 AM']The first thing I said when I saw the first pic was f**k me!!! Thats a stunning looking bass, and one of JS's finest builds I'd say. If it plays and sounds half as good as it looks it'd be hard to beat!!

Very nice[/quote]
The sound is amazing! I've never heard a bass with so much prescence.

[quote name='simontdo' post='83452' date='Nov 4 2007, 11:28 AM']cool :)[/quote]

[quote name='eude' post='83467' date='Nov 4 2007, 12:21 PM']Congrats Tinman!
That bass is gorgeous!

Eude[/quote]

[quote name='Buzz' post='83475' date='Nov 4 2007, 12:37 PM']Woah, that's beautiful.[/quote]

Thanks guys. I'm over the moon with the way it turned out, Jon has an artists mind, I'm sure of it.

[quote name='Johngh' post='83518' date='Nov 4 2007, 02:03 PM']Congrats Pete, she's turned out to be a gem, not unlike the original "Lady T" no doudt ! :)[/quote]
She has hasn't she. And Mrs Tinman is made up that I named it after her (I'm a big softy really) :huh:

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='83570' date='Nov 4 2007, 04:30 PM']fan-bloody-tastic!

and i see the fimble too!

oh, and do we get any sound clips? and update your avatar!! :huh:[/quote]

...and what, pray tell, is a fimble? :)

Sound clips? Mmmm, I haven't got a clue how they're done I'm afraid Tom and I don't know if I've got the equipment for it anyway. Avatar, now that is something I can do :huh:

[quote name='misrule' post='83588' date='Nov 4 2007, 05:22 PM']A children's TV character. Here's the adult's guide:

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2312321.stm"]Fimbles guide[/url]

Hope that helps :huh:

Cheers

Mark[/quote]
Thanks Mark, I see what you mean, I think :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='83635' date='Nov 4 2007, 07:09 PM']lovely apples mate. :huh:[/quote]
Apples? :)

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='83638' date='Nov 4 2007, 07:14 PM']congrats pete, very nice indeedy, bet all that endless waiting now seems like a distant memory....it did for me anyway[/quote]
You're right you know, it's gone. I'm not even giving it a thought

[quote name='Alun' post='83641' date='Nov 4 2007, 07:16 PM']He's right about the Fimble being there you know :huh:

Lovely bass, well worth the wait I'm sure.

Cheers,
Alun[/quote]
The Wife thinks it's a springer Spaniel, in fact, she's spotted some other stuff but I'll let her tell you about that. :wacko:

[quote name='OldGit' post='83755' date='Nov 4 2007, 11:26 PM']Oh wow.
Pete, man, looks every bit as good as we expected .. Fabulous .
I hope to hear it live at some point.
Great stuff![/quote]
I does Si and then some. Thanks for your help with Pics and stuff mate, much appreciated.
I may have to take a trip to Cardiff at some point to introduce you properly.

[quote name='dood' post='85177' date='Nov 7 2007, 11:21 PM']Ok Pete, you have a few days with your wonderful bass.. how you getting on mate?[/quote]
Hey Dan

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to put it through my gig rig or to play it with the band (that all happens tonight)

However, I've used it with my Tascam at home, so all I can comment on is it's playability:
This has to be the easiest bass I've ever played (easier than my jazz and the Aria that the neck was based on)
I had Jon set it up with a nice low action, so it's fast, really fast. I've found that I'm able to move around the neck quicker than I've ever to be able to.

The build quality is as you'd expect - spot on, with no sign of fragility (fragility???) It's solid as a rock. It's also very comfortable both sitting and standing.

As you mentioned in Largo's thread, I don't think I'll ever get bored with opening the case and just looking at it, it is stunning. Obviously I'm biased, I was built for me but when I picked the facings etc, I never imagined it would ever turn out like it has.

The wait is forgotten. Jon is not the only manufacturer that has quoted a build time only for it to double. Works of art take time and are an inexact science. (This comment isn't aimed at you Dan) I guess if you want a bass now, you go and buy one. If you want a custom then you should be prepared to wait.

I'll tell you about it's sound when I've had the chance to use it properly.

Cheers

Pete

So tomorrow night I shall be gigging with my new bass, trouble is last night's practise had to be called off so I didn't get chance to see how it's going to sound with in the band set-up :)

With not much time for a sound check I'm going to have to wing it, wish me luck people, I'm going to need it.

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='86028' date='Nov 9 2007, 04:28 PM']ha ha! no your not!

it's gonna sit in the sound as comfortably as my grandad on his trusty old armchair :huh:[/quote]
Thanks mate, that's reassuring, I think :)

It would have been nice to have had the chance of getting at least a vague idea of how the onboard eq reacts and stuff but hey ho.