Why become a member? ×

Shuker 4 string bolt on Elite. The 'Lady T'

Tinman

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='82858' date='Nov 2 2007, 06:10 PM']we're all waiting in anticipation for the finished pics[/quote]

[quote name='Tinman' post='82859' date='Nov 2 2007, 06:12 PM']I'm warning you now, there will be quite a few :)[/quote]

I'm gonna hide the camera, both mobile phones and the camcorder for good measure :huh:

[quote name='OldGit' post='82887' date='Nov 2 2007, 07:18 PM']Girlfriend, yo' livin' dangerous![/quote]

Awww, I was only joking, it's lovely to see him [i]sooooo[/i] excited :wub:

I have been giggling away something stupid. Pete stood up and insisted that the dogs sit down in front of him and listen to a Very Serious Lecture about the perils of daring to put doggy slobber on his new toy.

Inca: sits nicely, very attentive, tail wagging furiously 'ooh if I sit and listen to Daddy I'm bound to get a biscuit afterwards' :huh:

Magpie: wtf? this is sooo boring *yawns and wanders off mid-lecture* :)

Pete has the most disconcerting habit of occasionally leaping out of bed and scaring the living daylights out of me :huh:

Cue one such incident, followed by lots of fumbling about in the dark :)

Me: What are you doing?

Him: I can't find it

Me: Can't find what?

Him: [i]It[/i]

Me: The door's in front of you darling

Him: No, not the door

Me: Well what then?

Him: [i]The thing[/i]

Me: What thing?

Him: The thing to close the door

Me: Why do you want to close the door?

Him: Because it's time to get up

Me: No it isn't

Him: Yes it is. It's time for me to get up. I'll come and wake you up in a bit (he is getting rather annoyed with me by this point)

Me: Come back to bed darling

Him: Oh, OK.

This was at 11.30 [i]last night[/i] and he'd only been asleep for an hour. Daft sod was fast asleep throughout the entire episode. :huh:

Bless him. :wub: :huh:

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Unfortunately, due to the lateness of my return home and the fact that it's too bloody dark to take any, there will be no artistic stylee photos today.
However, I have a picture of the maestro himself stood next to some be-spectacled fat bloke, holding a work of art.

More pics tomorrow.

Pete

[quote name='Tinman' post='83196' date='Nov 3 2007, 05:24 PM']Ladies and Gentlemen.

Unfortunately, due to the lateness of my return home and the fact that it's too bloody dark to take any, there will be no artistic stylee photos today.
However, I have a picture of the maestro himself stood next to some be-spectacled fat bloke, holding a work of art.

More pics tomorrow.

Pete

[/quote]

Wow fabbo! that looks better than I imagined from the snippet pics ... great facings mate.
Now away with you to play :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='83210' date='Nov 3 2007, 06:07 PM']X times 1.5 I suspect :)[/quote]

Jon says more than 12, less than 20. I'm taking the minimum to be 20 though. That way I'll hopefully be surprised rather than disappointed!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='83220' date='Nov 3 2007, 06:22 PM']Jon says more than 12, less than 20. I'm taking the minimum to be 20 though. That way I'll hopefully be surprised rather than disappointed![/quote]
Ha ha yeah I suggested he started giving longer build times as delivering at 20 weeks if brilliant if you said 25 weeks to start with but terrible if you said 15 weeks ....

[quote name='OldGit' post='83212' date='Nov 3 2007, 06:08 PM']".......As I was leaving with the bass between my teeth, Jon asked - "so how are you going to play it with no arms?" "Thought control sez I, thought control"."

Thought it cost an arm and a leg rather than two arms :)[/quote]
I see my new sig is going to cause problems. :huh:

If you remember my old sig where I was talking about chewing my arms off for 14 weeks - it's a reference to that and the fact that I have no arms left after 23 weeks. :huh:

C'm ere there's more

Final specs were:
4 string bolt on elite
34" scale
24 fret

buckeye burl front and rear facings
black walnut core
white sycamore veneers between front and rear facings
rear control covers cut from rear facing wood
polyester basecoat
wet look topcoat
buckeye front and rear headstock facings
decal on rear of headstock

7 piece laminated neck (maple / black walnut / wenge)
birdseye board
abalone f/b dots in usual place
blue side leds (adjustable brightness)
medium fretwire
satin lacquer
composite / brass / graphite nut

EMG pickups (P and DC)
3 band eq
mid freq adjustable from rear
internal gain
p/p switch for LED

individual bridge units, 19mm spacing