Jump to content
toneknob

Name the bassist by the bass - difficulty level='basschat'

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Ida Nielsen on the Sandberg. It's her signature model.

Never heard of her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 4000 said:

Never heard of her. 

She played and sang with Prince from 2010 to his death. 

Great player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 4000 said:

....is that really GAD on the Musicman? Couldn’t tell.

No, it's not. Gail wouldn't play anything as garish as that. She's just not that kind of person.

Divinity Roxx on the other hand, yeah, she definitely would 😂

1E7ADBD2-8142-4E12-AFE3-3CD669BD24F2.thumb.jpeg.f6f96d8dcbd10093b1809142e6fd2030.jpeg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

She played and sang with Prince from 2010 to his death. 

Great player.

I think the last Prince I really listened to was probably Diamonds & Pearls.😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

No, it's not. Gail wouldn't play anything as garish as that. She's just not that kind of person.

Divinity Roxx on the other hand, yeah, she definitely would 😂

1E7ADBD2-8142-4E12-AFE3-3CD669BD24F2.thumb.jpeg.f6f96d8dcbd10093b1809142e6fd2030.jpeg

 

I’ve seen GAD playing a Bongo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I’ve seen GAD playing a Bongo!

I was referring to the Neon's 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I was referring to the Neon's 😎

Ahhhhh......😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Steffan Lessard (Modulus)

Is it? It looks like Mike Gordon from Phish to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doddy said:

Is it? It looks like Mike Gordon from Phish to me.

I was wrong on this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed Jack Casady because I know what his bass looks like. That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Doddy said:

Is it? It looks like Mike Gordon from Phish to me.

This occurred to me when I was looking again earlier. I think it is. He’s one of the few Modulus guys I can think of but didn’t immediately spring to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MM5 with the neons is Lauren "LT" Taniel. The bad taste neons must be a Beyoncé thing, cause her and Divinity Rox both use them and have played for Beyoncé.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ding ding, we have a full set. Good work team!

Top row is Mohini Dey, Anthony Jackson, Joe Dart. 

Then Debbie Googe, Geddy Lee, Mike Gordon

Pino, Lauren Taniel, Jimmy Haslip

Billy Sheehan, Sting, Ida Nielsen

Stuart Hamm, Jack Casady, Chris Wolstenholme

 

Bit of controversy around Lauren Taniel. Search for Divinity Roxx and you'll find the picture I originally used, and indeed same pic can be found on DivRx's Discogs page (https://www.discogs.com/artist/3018244-Divinity-Roxx). It is definitely Lauren Taniel of up and coming starlet Beyonce Knowles band.

Well done everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toneknob said:

Ding ding, we have a full set. Good work team!

Top row is Mohini Dey, Anthony Jackson, Joe Dart. 

Then Debbie Googe, Geddy Lee, Mike Gordon

Pino, Lauren Taniel, Jimmy Haslip

Billy Sheehan, Sting, Ida Nielsen

Stuart Hamm, Jack Casady, Chris Wolstenholme

 

Bit of controversy around Lauren Taniel. Search for Divinity Roxx and you'll find the picture I originally used, and indeed same pic can be found on DivRx's Discogs page (https://www.discogs.com/artist/3018244-Divinity-Roxx). It is definitely Lauren Taniel of up and coming starlet Beyonce Knowles band.

Well done everyone!

I still only know 3 now I've been given the answers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mohini Dey - definitely a Mayones, although she's been seen with a Comodous Classic more recently ( https://mayones.com/page/mohini-dey-ind/)

Anthony Jackson - I think it's the Fodera Presentation II pictured ( https://www.fodera.com/anthony-jackson-presentation-ii/ )

Joe Dart - Music Man Joe Dart signature bass ( https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/joe-dart )

Debbie Googe - First Act Delgada ( https://equipboard.com/pros/debbie-googe )

Geddy Lee - custom build seafoam green Fender Jazz, if http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/80373-basses-used-on-clockwork-angels/  is to be believed - any more info on this one?

Mike Gordon - Visionary Instruments Moiré bass ( https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/26924-mike-gordon-hooks-bass-lines-and-thinkers )

Pino Palladino - Music Man Stingray Fretless (probably this one https://thebassgallery.com/products/music-man-stingray-fretless-1979-ex-pino-palladino )

Lauren Tahiel - Music Man Stingray HH 5 string ( https://australianmusician.com.au/lauren-taneil-lt-in-the-key-of-bey/ )

Jimmy Haslip - Roscoe LG-3006 ( http://www.roscoeguitars.com/endorsers/endorsers.html - see below for youtube link)

Billy Sheehan - Yamaha Custom Shop Attitude Double Neck ( https://www.billysheehan.com/gear/instruments_09.html)

Sting - fretless 8-string Hamer Explorer ( https://www.fretlessbass.com/stings-8-string-hamer-explorer-fretless-bass-the-police/ )

Ida Nielsen - Sandberg California VM4 Hardcore Aged (http://www.idanielsenbass.com/signature-bass/)

Stu Hamm - Fender Urge custom bass - one of many in an ongoing series

Jack Casady - Epiphone Jack Casady LP Signature Bass ( https://www.epiphone.com/Guitar/EPI8IY78/Jack-Casady-Bass/Metallic-Gold )

Chris Wolstenholme - Status Kitara Doubleneck ( https://www.musewiki.org/Status_Kitara_Doubleneck_Bass )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pauld said:

The MM5 with the neons is Lauren "LT" Taniel. The bad taste neons must be a Beyoncé thing, cause her and Divinity Rox both use them and have played for Beyoncé.

Yeah, I just knew it wasn’t Gail and kinda guessed at Divinity Roxx 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, toneknob said:

Mohini Dey - definitely a Mayones, although she's been seen with a Comodous Classic more recently ( https://mayones.com/page/mohini-dey-ind/)

Anthony Jackson - I think it's the Fodera Presentation II pictured ( https://www.fodera.com/anthony-jackson-presentation-ii/ )

Joe Dart - Music Man Joe Dart signature bass ( https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/joe-dart )

Debbie Googe - First Act Delgada ( https://equipboard.com/pros/debbie-googe )

Geddy Lee - custom build seafoam green Fender Jazz, if http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/80373-basses-used-on-clockwork-angels/  is to be believed - any more info on this one?

Mike Gordon - Visionary Instruments Moiré bass ( https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/26924-mike-gordon-hooks-bass-lines-and-thinkers )

Pino Palladino - Music Man Stingray Fretless (probably this one https://thebassgallery.com/products/music-man-stingray-fretless-1979-ex-pino-palladino )

Lauren Tahiel - Music Man Stingray HH 5 string ( https://australianmusician.com.au/lauren-taneil-lt-in-the-key-of-bey/ )

Jimmy Haslip - Roscoe LG-3006 ( http://www.roscoeguitars.com/endorsers/endorsers.html - see below for youtube link)

Billy Sheehan - Yamaha Custom Shop Attitude Double Neck ( https://www.billysheehan.com/gear/instruments_09.html)

Sting - fretless 8-string Hamer Explorer ( https://www.fretlessbass.com/stings-8-string-hamer-explorer-fretless-bass-the-police/ )

Ida Nielsen - Sandberg California VM4 Hardcore Aged (http://www.idanielsenbass.com/signature-bass/)

Stu Hamm - Fender Urge custom bass - one of many in an ongoing series

Jack Casady - Epiphone Jack Casady LP Signature Bass ( https://www.epiphone.com/Guitar/EPI8IY78/Jack-Casady-Bass/Metallic-Gold )

Chris Wolstenholme - Status Kitara Doubleneck ( https://www.musewiki.org/Status_Kitara_Doubleneck_Bass )

Great stuff.

Thanks again for putting this quiz together @toneknob, proper headscratcher.

(And props for getting Ms. Goodge in there !)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Great stuff.

Thanks again for putting this quiz together @toneknob, proper headscratcher.

(And props for getting Ms. Goodge in there !)

Thanks! Well done for guessing, no one else got her. Distinctive basses was the order of the day, and she fit the bill perfectly. Actually, tonefact - I met her once at a friends house party. A highlight of the evening was her organisation of a ladies rugby scrum demonstration in the kitchen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, toneknob said:

Thanks! Well done for guessing, no one else got her. Distinctive basses was the order of the day, and she fit the bill perfectly. Actually, tonefact - I met her once at a friends house party. A highlight of the evening was her organisation of a ladies rugby scrum demonstration in the kitchen.

:D

Brilliant !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...