Why become a member? ×

Your favourite bass YouTubers ..

Gonzo192

1 minute ago, rushbo said:

Another vote for Constantine Isslamow

I’m in this guy’s camp. Not only is he a great player……he doesn’t fill the time with endless opinions and comments. Just gets on with it.

Don’t get me started on Scott Devine!

7 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

That'll be the chappy that taught me how to play Africa by Toto (and that Washburns were okay) - Cover Solutions. 

Strangely I added this yesterday to my playlist to learn, it was one of my dads favourite songs 

2 hours ago, rushbo said:

...but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Danny Sapko. He's a great player and combines self-deprecation with humour. He's got his own shtick, but he balances it nicely with some gorgeous bass work. 

Great player. But I find his "comedy Brummie" schtick tiresome and unfunny. Same reason I have no time for Davie, despite him being a good player. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Russ said:

Great player. But I find his "comedy Brummie" schtick tiresome and unfunny. Same reason I have no time for Davie, despite him being a good player. 

I always thought that he was going for the "comedy Yorkshire" thing!

I see him in the local pub from time to time. Nice guy, but very short! 

Edited by peteb

I think it's important to recognise the distinction between different content creators. Some play so you can watch; others play so you can watch and learn. Some show and review gear and others primarily talk about gear.

Then there are the teachers - music teachers, bass teachers, and those that do both. 

The rarest breed are the teachers who are great players/players who are great teachers; I'm not talking, in the immortal words of Flea, 'all flash and no smash', but the rounded players who also have a gift for teaching.

The two that I really admire are Richie Blake and Dan Hawkins.

• Like 1

I was killing a few minutes on you tube a few days ago and this video of Efi B playing Nightbirds by Shakatak came up, I was mesmerised .................by her technique, I mean..........................................really image.png.cc12735aa9839a5298985ba6bce63993.png

"Hey again, it's Mark here from TalkingBass" is my all time favourite online teacher. No nonsense, only useful stuff, and I am a fan of the deadpan presentation. Teaches technique, approach, and specific basslines as well, dissecting everything into consumable little steps.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2024 at 11:30, peteb said:

I always thought that he was going for the "comedy Yorkshire" thing!

I see him in the local pub from time to time. Nice guy, but very short! 

Always thought he sounded more Midlands than Yorkshire. :) Although the "BEHS" thing does suggest Yorkshire! 

EDIT: Bradford, apparently. I stand corrected. :D 

Edited by Russ