4 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

I purchased a Squier Bullet in Daphne blue earlier this year for £150. Very happy with it - I think the Bullet sounds more Tele-like than the Squier Affinity.

I did pay a bit extra to get that colour though.

D49DC330-BF90-4072-9E06-AC0BB2CDD83A.jpeg

that one looks very nice :)

On 27/06/2020 at 14:37, mcnach said:

that one looks very nice :)

Yeah, fell in love with the looks.... but it sounds and plays great too!

Little update, now the honeymoon period is over...

Nah, who am I kidding? Still honey moon! :D I love this guitar. My Fender Stratocaster and the PRS look at it with envy, as I seem to just grab the SX Tele 9 out of... 9 times 😛

I took it to a local guy to get the frets level perfectly, and I haven't even changed the pickups. I love the bridge one, the neck one is not the best, but I don't want to change anything in it, I can't believe just what a great guitar is for £129 plus £50 for the fret levelling (it was only on the region around the 12th and 15th fret a bit, nothing major, but I do like to play guitar-hero a lot 😛)

• Like 3

Short video on Thomann's cheapest T-style: that simple Candy Apple Red isn't quite Purple (see above), but still has me thinking. Whatever I decide, I want a maple fingerboard on it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bnt said:

Short video on Thomann's cheapest T-style: that simple Candy Apple Red isn't quite Purple (see above), but still has me thinking. Whatever I decide, I want a maple fingerboard on it.

If you like the candy apple red and maple combo, and prefer lacquered necks, the SX one is very nice too. :)

Edited by mcnach

On 23/09/2020 at 18:12, bnt said:

I have the blue one. It only cost £77 back in March.

Played great out of the box with little or no tweaking. :biggrin:

benton.jpg

• Like 1

Um ... sandblasted Teles at a nice price? There's a green one too. Be still, my beating wallet:

More Purple, this time in the Squier Classic Vibe range:

• Like 2

A while back I picked up a very nice Harley Benton Tele with a Paisley finish which played quite nicely. A trip across Hertfordshire to @gary mac's where he installed a Bigsby-a-like trem, dressed the frets and installed a new set of strings and it now plays lovely, thanks very much.

Geeetarist friends don't believe it's a budget model.

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

A while back I picked up a very nice Harley Benton Tele with a Paisley finish which played quite nicely. A trip across Hertfordshire to @gary mac's where he installed a Bigsby-a-like trem, dressed the frets and installed a new set of strings and it now plays lovely, thanks very much.

Geeetarist friends don't believe it's a budget model.

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

I really enjoyed working on your Tele Mick, nice player. :friends:

Think Harley Bentons advertising for their Tele could have been a little less like self-pleasure:

Twang King

Go on, say it aloud, you`ll get there.

• Haha 2

On 04/11/2020 at 18:25, bnt said:

Well well well...

The Squier Bullet Telecaster was sold out, and they told me they'd have another shipment in September. In September they had the Stratocaster but not Tele. It's ok. I don't need ANOTHER Tele, loving my red SX.

However.... this? Classic Vibe range? Nice tinted and lacquered neck? 

I just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up!

• Thanks 1

It was an absolute steal at £65 ( Just spent more than this on a scratchplate for a partscaster I'm building !). Finished perfectly , pickups sound great , setup decent enough. Half the price of a mini squier.

I think I'll pick up the full size thinline next for £118 - there are loads to choose from......

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Guitars/T-Models/cat-GITARRE-GITEGTELE

Edited by edstraker123
  • Like 1

DV247? I remember when they were Digital Village, then kind-of forgot about them after I moved to Dublin. I'm out of the cheap Tele market for the foreseeable, though, since I went in a different direction, as per the "Headless Guitars" thread.

Andertons emailed a promo for this the other day : How could i resist !

Squier FSR Classic Vibe '70s Telecaster Deluxe in Sea Foam Sparkle

fsr.thumb.jpg.630eead07cdaecdc573e14b2023c94ed.jpg

• Like 1

Nice try Vader, but I will not turn to the dark side 😇

ash tele .... how much ???

On 05/11/2020 at 18:03, Lozz196 said:

Think Harley Bentons advertising for their Tele could have been a little less like self-pleasure:

Twang King

Go on, say it aloud, you`ll get there.

I was thinking they're not going to shift many of those in Yorkshire.

On 04/11/2020 at 18:25, bnt said:

Well, I check an email I had from Andertons last week and find out that the estimated delivery is... summer 2021!!! 😲

Then I see that this is for a second batch, as the first one was sold out already, phew, mine is still expected in early December 😎