mcnach

I want a cheap Telecaster!

4 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

I purchased a Squier Bullet in Daphne blue earlier this year for £150. Very happy with it - I think the Bullet sounds more Tele-like than the Squier Affinity.

I did pay a bit extra to get that colour though.

D49DC330-BF90-4072-9E06-AC0BB2CDD83A.jpeg

that one looks very nice :)

On 27/06/2020 at 14:37, mcnach said:

that one looks very nice :)

Yeah, fell in love with the looks.... but it sounds and plays great too!

Little update, now the honeymoon period is over...

Nah, who am I kidding? Still honey moon! :D I love this guitar. My Fender Stratocaster and the PRS look at it with envy, as I seem to just grab the SX Tele 9 out of... 9 times 😛

I took it to a local guy to get the frets level perfectly, and I haven't even changed the pickups. I love the bridge one, the neck one is not the best, but I don't want to change anything in it, I can't believe just what a great guitar is for £129 plus £50 for the fret levelling (it was only on the region around the 12th and 15th fret a bit, nothing major, but I do like to play guitar-hero a lot 😛)

• Like 3

Short video on Thomann's cheapest T-style: that simple Candy Apple Red isn't quite Purple (see above), but still has me thinking. Whatever I decide, I want a maple fingerboard on it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bnt said:

Short video on Thomann's cheapest T-style: that simple Candy Apple Red isn't quite Purple (see above), but still has me thinking. Whatever I decide, I want a maple fingerboard on it.

If you like the candy apple red and maple combo, and prefer lacquered necks, the SX one is very nice too. :)

Edited by mcnach

On 23/09/2020 at 18:12, bnt said:

I have the blue one. It only cost £77 back in March.

Played great out of the box with little or no tweaking. :biggrin:

benton.jpg

• Like 1

Um ... sandblasted Teles at a nice price? There's a green one too. Be still, my beating wallet: