Jump to content
Merton

Ashdown NOS builds

Recommended Posts

Oh dear me. Mark Gooday has posted on Facebook that they have enough NOS parts to build a varying number of various discontinued products including the Retroglide, LB550, Small Block 427 and others.

Trouble this way comes...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m being good - the 550 was tempting.

I’m really happy with my setup at the moment - I will change to a 2nd 210 and the new RM800 at some point.

28673E4E-2C4A-4EC3-AA80-899C981F339F.jpeg.4466076eda8a200e3c1a553d3de2a127.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new RM800 is quite tempting just coz it looks badass. It’s a bloody great head, can’t fully explain it but I prefer the 800 power section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merton said:

The new RM800 is quite tempting just coz it looks badass. It’s a bloody great head, can’t fully explain it but I prefer the 800 power section

I had the original rm800 with a 210/115. Ferocious amp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

What’s the LB550 like Merton 

No idea! I have the LB30 and an RM800, I suspect it’s a nice mix of the two and am sorely tempted to put my name on the list for one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Merton said:

No idea! I have the LB30 and an RM800, I suspect it’s a nice mix of the two and am sorely tempted to put my name on the list for one.

Thanks, I’ll give mark a call, I don’t do Facebook 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved their spyder range.  The 330 and 550 were magnificent heads.  The LB550 was anemic tho, didnt get on with them (not found a class D i do yet to be honest)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m Gonna find it really difficult to resist an LB-30 if one surfaces from these NOS builds 😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

What’s the LB550 like Merton 

I think the Doom rocker and amp repair guy Oli Foxen from Bristol has 2 or 3 of them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

What’s the LB550 like Merton 

Think @Chimike had one for sale & I wanted it but no courier. He's just about in a different time zone to me even before the lockdown threw another spanner in the works.

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karlfer said:

Think @Chimike had one for sale & I wanted it but no courier. He's just about in a different time zone to me even before the lockdown threw another spanner in the works.

When lockdown is over and if he still has it I'd be happy to pick up if you wanted to arrange a courier. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolverinebass said:

I was toying with a retroglide. Is it really 800W or are the specs rubbish?

It’s a bloody good power amp module (Same as in my RM800) but I’d say it was closer to a 4/500W class AB head in terms of the “heft” etc. It doesn’t run out of puff and start squashing the notes in a nasty way like some class D modules, certainly not at any volume level I’ve needed from it :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

When lockdown is over and if he still has it I'd be happy to pick up if you wanted to arrange a courier. 

That's really kind Mike, very nice of you fella.

Keep safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always loved the look of the Drophead 200....

 DP-200 Drophead

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, franzbassist said:

I've always loved the look of the Drophead 200....

 DP-200 Drophead

Me too. Cannot justify the one they're building at all sadly. You get first dibs :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merton said:

Me too. Cannot justify the one they're building at all sadly. You get first dibs :D

Thanks Mert, but tbh I can't justify it either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Merton said:

Me too. Cannot justify the one they're building at all sadly. You get first dibs :D

I dunno , here I differ , I’m not crazy about having the internals exposed like that, much like the ampeg 20t, 50t amps . I much rather a traditional ‘cabinet’ and everything enclosed in a sturdy box. Each to their own I guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wolverinebass said:

I was toying with a retroglide. Is it really 800W or are the specs rubbish?

I've got the retroglide   , It's a great amp ….The 550 will have the amp section from the RM500 according to Mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see anything about these amps on their website or facebook page, is there some secret site that I don't know anything about? I've only been using Ashdown for the last 12 years or so, so perhaps I'm still too new for these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I can't see anything about these amps on their website or facebook page, is there some secret site that I don't know anything about? I've only been using Ashdown for the last 12 years or so, so perhaps I'm still too new for these!

Mark Gooday posted on Facebook about it. Seems like he’s using the lockdown time to build these himself from the various boards and bits they’ve got lurking. They’ll be on the website “soon” he says. Keeping my eyes peeled 🤓😳

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Merton said:

Mark Gooday posted on Facebook about it. Seems like he’s using the lockdown time to build these himself from the various boards and bits they’ve got lurking. They’ll be on the website “soon” he says. Keeping my eyes peeled 🤓😳

I believe it’s in reverb.com. I see a LB-30 and the 424 small block . These aren’t the NOS builds but the 427 amp on that side looks superb 😘. Some store in Italy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...