Jump to content
Left leaderboard
xgsjx

RIP Bill Withers

Recommended Posts

Lovely track posted by Danny Baker on Twitter with Louis Johnson on bass. Very sad loss. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an excellent documentary on BBC Four a few years back, Still Bill.

As well as being a wonderful musician he came across as a thoroughly fine human being. It highlighted some of the work he did to help fellow stammerers - most of which the outside world knew nothing about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news...and on such a "lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Sad news...and on such a "lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Do I smiley face or sad face at that? Can I do both? 😢 😂😂 @The Greek

 

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably my fave song of his. I was singing it yesterday too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xgsjx said:

Probably my fave song of his. I was singing it yesterday too. 

Fab band too...  James Gadson on drums... there is no cooler than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

There was an excellent documentary on BBC Four a few years back, Still Bill.

As well as being a wonderful musician he came across as a thoroughly fine human being. It highlighted some of the work he did to help fellow stammerers - most of which the outside world knew nothing about.

Good call, I was trying to remember what it was called. The scene at the school with students with speech impediments had me in tears. It was that emotional intelligence which elevated his musicianship, great artist.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times have I said, " I feel like listening to some Bill Withers"

 

Blue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Good call, I was trying to remember what it was called. The scene at the school with students with speech impediments had me in tears. It was that emotional intelligence which elevated his musicianship, great artist.

Completely agree. It was incredibly moving and he was a genuine inspiration for all those at the school.

Came across as a wonderful human being, and I hadn’t considered it in that way before, but you’re right, his emotional intelligence had a profound effect on his music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...