Why become a member? ×

What song are you learning?

odysseus

26 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Had the old smoothie out and loving it. 
Keeping in spirit with Musicman I thought I’d learn a few chic tracks as I’ve always overlooked them. 
Some good fun to be had there, especially liked this one 

Really good Bassline, I’ve had a go at that one but I cheated and used this to pick it up 😁

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

A necro-thread that deserves re-invigoration!

I've finally cracked this after three or four sessions. It felt like notes, rythym, tempo - pick any two! Guitarist sent me a link to Mark's video, suggesting I play the bodge at the beginning! 🤣

I must admit, I'd be inclined to go for the bodge too.  Some of our covers I have simplified a bit, though I do add in a fill or two in the songs with boring bass lines.

• Like 1

A new setlist with a new band - about 35 Blues and rock covers including Riders on the Storm, Mojo Working, Need Your Love So Bad and Nutbush City Limits. I love working on new stuff. And with the other outfit, as we're heading towards the Xmas season, we're about to ditch half the set in favour of festive classics. Oh Joy.😃 Maybe I can persuade them to do 'Christmas Wrapping' and 'Ring Out Solstice Bells'.  😃

• Like 1

Spent an enjoyable hour or so learning the Cures 'Just Like Heaven' on bass and guitar then building up the different tracks on a looper pedal.

It's a pretty simple song with a structure that works particularly well when done on the looper.

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to random 70s stuff the other day out on my walk, and this came one - Gladys Night, Midnight train to Georgia, not the sort of thing I would normally spend much time on, but maybe it is just having earphones on but the bass really powered out of the track (as it does on this recording). So I thought I would try it!

• Like 2

On 21/10/2022 at 20:05, miles'tone said:

Barbarism Begins At Home - The Smiths. 

Tuned up to F#, it's a blooming stamina builder for sure! Haven't got it clean up to full speed yet but getting closer. My first serious go with using a pick properly too!

I actually learned this today for Facebook. I played the 7' version. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, clarkpegasus4001 said:

I learned this song earlier this week. There's more going on than you might think. 

Nice tune, I like a bit of billy ocean , I learned this a while back, it’s a good one for keeping in the groove 

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 1