Why become a member? ×

What song are you learning?

odysseus

12 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I really enjoyed learning Losing My Religion by REM so thought I'd try another of their songs. 

What's the Frequency Kenneth was an alt rock classic from my youth. Turns out it's not as easy as I expected. It's a good one though 

Not having access to a time machine will complicate the middle section.

Rusty Cage by Soundgarden has vexed me for years.  I know the first half of the song is ultimately a 4/4, but I'm damned if I can find/hear the 'one' when I listen to it, and I've listened, A LOT hahaha..

The second half of the song, which is technically more challenging time signature-wise,  I can get that no problem, weird!

2 hours ago, LewisK1975 said:

Rusty Cage by Soundgarden has vexed me for years.  I know the first half of the song is ultimately a 4/4, but I'm damned if I can find/hear the 'one' when I listen to it, and I've listened, A LOT hahaha..

The second half of the song, which is technically more challenging time signature-wise,  I can get that no problem, weird!

I just found Rusty Cage to be an endurance test. It's fast and doesn't give you a rest

• Like 1

Latest two we started on last week are End of The Line (Travelling Wilburys), and the single version of Don't Fear The Reaper - think it's fair to say the latter is going to be a much-simplified version, but we'll see how we get on!

Other than that, we've also got a few numbers (including Life In The Fast Lane, Heartache Tonight, How Long, and Rocky Mountain Way) which myself, Mr Drums and Mr Lead Guitar have got sorted, but which Mr Rhythm Guitar and Mr Singer / Acoustic Guitar seem to have forgotten all about / lost interest in... 🤨

4 hours ago, tony_m said:

Latest two we started on last week are End of The Line (Travelling Wilburys), and the single version of Don't Fear The Reaper - think it's fair to say the latter is going to be a much-simplified version, but we'll see how we get on!

Other than that, we've also got a few numbers (including Life In The Fast Lane, Heartache Tonight, How Long, and Rocky Mountain Way) which myself, Mr Drums and Mr Lead Guitar have got sorted, but which Mr Rhythm Guitar and Mr Singer / Acoustic Guitar seem to have forgotten all about / lost interest in... 🤨

You should have no problems with The Reaper, it’s a doddle, we used to do the extended album version. 👍

30 minutes ago, steantval said:

You should have no problems with The Reaper, it’s a doddle, we used to do the extended album version. 👍

Haha, thank you for that vote of confidence, but we're all struggling with it so far! That said, I'm sure we'll come up with a reasonable stab at it and hopefully surprise a few people - it's definitely not a tune that gets trotted out regularly round here. 👍

3 hours ago, tony_m said:

Haha, thank you for that vote of confidence, but we're all struggling with it so far! That said, I'm sure we'll come up with a reasonable stab at it and hopefully surprise a few people - it's definitely not a tune that gets trotted out regularly round here. 👍

Just be sure to have enough cowbell. -_-

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...