Why become a member? ×

Are you a member of TalkBass?

acidbass

Just interested as to how many of our members have joined/actively use Talkbass!

Personally I've never felt the need to use it as I find this forum a lot more relevant and informative. The idea of dealing with our inferior trans-atlantic brethren doesn't exactly appeal to me either!

Actually, on that note, I'm just wondering what gear I'd currently be using had it not been for Basschat. I can't even begin to think how much this forum has affected my buying (and selling) habits :)

Danny

I have been over there quite often, but i wouldn't want to join. its a little bit overwhelming to me. Yanks are ok, the one other site i frequent as much as Basschat is a links site run by them and i have been there about five years and have got know a few people. one even has Welsh ancestry and speaks it.

I wonder how much more money I'd have...

TB ain't BC when it comes community 'cos them Shermans are all up at the wrong time, but there is some great info on there and I've always had useful replies to my posts, a friendly lot. I prefer your more traditional smiley too.

Edited by johnnylager

I used to go there a lot, until one day on a 'celebrities who play instruments' thread I casually mentioned that Tony Blair used to play guitar... I was publicly and soundly bollocked for making a political posting. I protested that to say the PM was a guitarist is hardly a controversial political point, and was then bollocked again for a} making another political posting, and b} publicly disagreeing with the führer. So TBH I hardly ever go there now. There is some good informative stuff to be had though.

[quote name='TheDarkReaver' post='362902' date='Dec 24 2008, 03:47 PM']I have come to realise a lot of americans don't have a sense of humour.[/quote]

haha yeah, ive had a few infractions, one was for a rick-roll link, which to be fair if Maki or Mungi posted it everyone would of laughed.

[quote name='acidbass' post='362851' date='Dec 24 2008, 03:04 PM']Just interested as to how many of our members have joined/actively use Talkbass!

Personally I've never felt the need to use it as I find this forum a lot more relevant and informative. The idea of dealing with our inferior trans-atlantic brethren doesn't exactly appeal to me either!

Actually, on that note, I'm just wondering what gear I'd currently be using had it not been for Basschat. I can't even begin to think how much this forum has affected my buying (and selling) habits :huh:

Danny[/quote]

I browse quite a bit, but don't contribute much. Same as you, Basschat is more relevant for me, but you get wider gear discussion over there.

As for "inferior trans-atlantic brethren" - that's not a view I share. I've bought a few things from guys on TB and have found everyone - so far - polite and helpful.

Same as you Toasted, I think it's quite well run/moderated and very very informative - IF - you can find the information!! :)

[quote name='WarPig' post='362905' date='Dec 24 2008, 03:49 PM']haha yeah, ive had a few infractions, one was for a rick-roll link, which to be fair if Maki or Mungi posted it everyone would of laughed.[/quote]

Maki and I actually got banned for the same thing the other week, both took the piss out of Fassa on the same thread.

Edited by TheDarkReaver

I'm a member but rarely contribute. I just use it to bone up on certain aspects of our preferred instrument or to gauge opinions on equipment and I'm pleased to report that having done so on a regular basis, I now know that all basses and bass rigs are ..."killer" and "awesome" and...(reaches for bucket)..."sweeeeeet" - very helpful :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='362920' date='Dec 24 2008, 04:10 PM']I'm a member but rarely contribute. I just use it to bone up on certain aspects of our preferred instrument or to gauge opinions on equipment and I'm pleased to report that having done so on a regular basis, I now know that all basses and bass rigs are ..."killer" and "awesome" and...(reaches for bucket)..."sweeeeeet" - very helpful :huh:[/quote]

Al, you forgot 'Kicks Ass' :)