Jump to content
LewisK1975

My Band in Prog magazine + Video

Recommended Posts

Superb. Loving that bass tone. What rig you using ?

Barefaced cab i think

2 different basses too. Nice one.

All the very best with the album.

Dave

 

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Superb. Loving that bass tone. What rig you using ?

Barefaced cab i think

2 different basses too. Nice one.

All the very best with the album.

Dave

 

 

12 hours ago, paddy109 said:

Fantastic.

Your bass sounds bloody great.

For the video yeah I had my TC RH750 and BF two10 on show..

The bass on the album was recorded direct via a valve mic-pre using my 2016 Elite Precision (the bass I'm using whilst 'suited' in the video).

The song is about the grind that can happen in a busy working covers band, and the comparative pleasure of performing your own songs to an appreciative crowd....hence the 2 sets of clothes, different basses etc..

Cheers for the kind responses, we're really happy with how this album has turned out, hoping for more positive responses around the scene...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the first album for a while after I heard Heavy Situation on a promo. I was hoping you might get a slot at a classic rock society gig in Rotherham but it looks like you have got some live dates lined up now anyway?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KevB said:

Had the first album for a while after I heard Heavy Situation on a promo. I was hoping you might get a slot at a classic rock society gig in Rotherham but it looks like you have got some live dates lined up now anyway?

Yep Cheers Kev - Coming soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff, and I concur that is a belter of a bass tone! I'm still loving the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass I bought from you in 2017, Lewis! 👍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EdLib-3 said:

Great stuff, and I concur that is a belter of a bass tone! I'm still loving the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass I bought from you in 2017, Lewis! 👍

Thanks Ed & really glad to hear you've still got the Geddy, awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work there, loving that tune.  Any planned dates in the northwest?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2019 at 11:47, ead said:

Good work there, loving that tune.  Any planned dates in the northwest?

I believe this is being worked on as we speak!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we buy the album anywhere yet ?

Had a look on the band FB page but don't see anything other than its off to be mixed down back in October.

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2019 at 11:47, ead said:

Good work there, loving that tune.  Any planned dates in the northwest?

And don't forget to let me know when you're playing more local gigs too
It is indeed a great song, and as has been said - "A belter of a bass tone" :)
Nice one Lewis!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Can we buy the album anywhere yet ?

Had a look on the band FB page but don't see anything other than its off to be mixed down back in October.

Dave

Hey Dave - Thanks!, I'll check the FB page as I'm sure we had posted on there about the Pre-order.

The album is out on 28th March and can be pre-ordered now directly from the label at www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk

Cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marc S said:

And don't forget to let me know when you're playing more local gigs too
It is indeed a great song, and as has been said - "A belter of a bass tone" :)
Nice one Lewis!

Cheers Marc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marc S said:

And don't forget to let me know when you're playing more local gigs too
It is indeed a great song, and as has been said - "A belter of a bass tone" :)
Nice one Lewis!

And a mention on BC when touring up in Scotland areas. Currently Ivory Blacks in Glasgow has a few Prog bands playing usually 2 bands on the night.

Pay for the hire of the venue (i think its £150 and tickets at door or thru ticketmaster. Holds 200-300.) 

Good luck

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, LewisK1975 said:

Hey Dave - Thanks!, I'll check the FB page as I'm sure we had posted on there about the Pre-order.

The album is out on 28th March and can be pre-ordered now directly from the label at www.whiteknightrecords.co.uk

Cheers!

Done. on pre-order.

Few of the other bands mentioned on same page have played the Ivory Blacks gig altho its a fair jaunt from South Wales but you never know ?

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...